The Student Room Group

A/AS Results Day Countdown - get ready - put your lucky socks on and #beresultsproud

Scroll to see replies

1. AS or A level?
A level
2. What subjects?
Double maths, computing, EPQ and STEP I
3. How did your exams go?
Mostly alright, basically everything is resting on the further maths grade boundaries :lol:

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
Firm: Durham
Insurance: Southampton
5. Which subject?
Maths
6. What grades are required?
A*A*(maths + fm), A in computing
or AAB incl. A in maths + A in EPQ/2 in STEP (I got 60/60 pre-moderation in my EPQ so should be okay there!)

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted?
A*A*A (maths, fm, computing)
8. How are you feeling about results day?
Ignoring it currently :colondollar: I'm pretty confident on getting my insurance which I'd be really happy with so not too bothered tbh
9. Anything else to add?
If anyone has any threads they want to see on results day, let me know as I'm organising the A levels threads for results day on TSR :gah:
Reply 61
Damn - still a month!!

I've got Imperial and Southampton as firm and insurance respectively, for physics. Imperial want A* in maths + A*A further maths and physics, while Southampton want AAA or AABC with As in maths and physics.

I'd been predicted 4 A*s (history is that 4th one) and I've always thought that it was a bit optimistic. I'm not expecting to attain that. Maths was probably good, though harder than I expected - I'm fairly confident I won't miss the A*? Physics was pretty good, further maths was a little worse and history was good but irrelevant to my uni application anyway (unless things go completely tits up and I'm scraping Southampton's AABC offer)
Further maths is worrying because it's the first assessment of the linear spec, so we can only speculate as to what the grade boundaries will be like.
Original post by Sinnoh
Damn - still a month!!

I've got Imperial and Southampton as firm and insurance respectively, for physics. Imperial want A* in maths + A*A further maths and physics, while Southampton want AAA or AABC with As in maths and physics.

I'd been predicted 4 A*s (history is that 4th one) and I've always thought that it was a bit optimistic. I'm not expecting to attain that. Maths was probably good, though harder than I expected - I'm fairly confident I won't miss the A*? Physics was pretty good, further maths was a little worse and history was good but irrelevant to my uni application anyway (unless things go completely tits up and I'm scraping Southampton's AABC offer)
Further maths is worrying because it's the first assessment of the linear spec, so we can only speculate as to what the grade boundaries will be like.

hopefully you'll get what you need in further maths :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
hopefully you'll get your firm choice :smile:

Thank you :redface:
Original post by PQ
Quoting in everyone from the Yr 13 thread (sorry!!!!)

Spoiler

Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level?
2. What subjects?

For Yr 13:
5. Which subject?

For everyone:
9. Anything else to add?

1. A Level
2. French, Maths and English Literature
3. French and Eng Lit were alright and Maths (surprisingly) went better than expected - though I think that was luck lol
4. Firm = Uni of Nottingham
5. Modern Languages with Translation
6. Unconditional!
7. A*A*A
8. Nervous but lowkey excited to find out
9. Wishing everyone the best of luck and remember, everything happens for a reason!
Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? Bio, Chem, Psych
3. How did your exams go? not as well as i hoped. i can't remember most of the papers but i feel like i've missed my predicted and i really, really hope i haven't

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? manc
5. Which subject? psych
6. What grades are required? AAA lol

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? A*AA
8. How are you feeling about results day? not great really
9. Anything else to add? good luck everyone!!
Original post by Skeletonclique21
Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? Bio, Chem, Psych
3. How did your exams go? not as well as i hoped. i can't remember most of the papers but i feel like i've missed my predicted and i really, really hope i haven't

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? manc
5. Which subject? psych
6. What grades are required? AAA lol

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? A*AA
8. How are you feeling about results day? not great really
9. Anything else to add? good luck everyone!!

good luck, no matter what happens there's plenty of people at tsr ready to help you.
Reply 67
Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level? AS
2. What subjects? English Lit, History and Maths
Maths was awful and one of the papers for English Lit

For Yr 13:
5. Which subject?

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? AS - A B B
8. How are you feeling about results day? So scared for maths.
9. Anything else to add? I want to study English at Cambridge University.
1. A level
2. Biology, Chemistry, Geography
3. generally they went okay? geog paper 1 was HORRIFIC but otherwise everything else wasn’t too bad

For Yr 13:
4. Bath firm, and I don’t have an insurance loooool
5. Biochemistry + placement
6. ABB (reduced due to A* EPQ)

For everyone:
7. predicted A*A*A
8. tbh I’m terrified because at this point I could’ve got EEE or A*A*A and I have absolutely no idea, I’m impatient now and just want to know🙃
1.A level
2. English lit, history, psychology, english language (grade b as took exam last summer), EPQ (a*)

3. uhh mixed I think. history wasnt so good (Its my weakest), psychology hopefully okay and the papers were nice. english lit the papers were nice but we had invigilator problems and I feel I answered awfully. though worrying as last years english I was feeling great about the exam and didn't do as well as hoped and also felt exams this year questions were nice (my answers may not have been!)

4. exeter= firm. insurance =reading

5. English

6. A(in english lit) and A B in others (excluding EPQ)

7. predicted AAA

8. I'm terrified for results day. keep having nightmares and no matter what, it's in the back of my mind. ahhh!!! most worried about English lit as that's the one we had problems in the exam hall and that panicked me even more and threw me off my game.

9. anyone else thinking about it non stop? having nightmares about it as well. really want results but now terrified of what they're going to be! also a little jealous of IB students who had results on friday and worried as many going to exeter have already been accepted and been given their accomodation!
(edited 4 years ago)
good luck, no matter what happens there's plenty of people at tsr ready to help you.

thnak you so much!
Reply 71
1. AS or A level?
AS level
2. What subjects?
Language, business and economics AS
Language exam went very very well hopefully an A , business p1 was very good, but paper 2 was harder and i didnt feel i had enough time but hopefully atleast a B
economics went well but the multiple choice which is paper 1 was t very good ,i would be happy with a B but i fear that i would probably get a C

For everyone:
Im predicted 3 A’s for my AS , as i got top grades all year and A*s in gcse business,economics
Excited but nervous at the same time, i dont need to do well , but somehow i still panic about any possible grade i might get ...
9. Anything else to add?
I hope i get 3 A’s but i doubt especially after business paper 2 and economics paper 1 , i took cambridge AS variant 11/21 so if anyone took it i would love to talk about te exam because maybe it will make me feel less worried about messing up because i feel like i did better than i think hopefully thats true, also goodluck to everyone hoping they get heir desired grades:
Well for me im still in AS and taking advanced arabic, business, and economics AS
(edited 4 years ago)
1. AS or A level?
AS levels

2. What subjects?
English literature, history & Classics

Most went ok. Prose for English was quite bad though (Edexcel, if anybody else had to sit through that exam...)

AAA for AS

Terrified would be an understatement.

9. Anything else to add?

HELP.
Reply 73
omd yeah same prose was awful.
Original post by inspiringcolours
1. AS or A level?
AS levels

2. What subjects?
English literature, history & Classics

Most went ok. Prose for English was quite bad though (Edexcel, if anybody else had to sit through that exam...)

AAA for AS

Terrified would be an understatement.

9. Anything else to add?

HELP.
Did you do Science and Society? I have never written such nonsense in my life, I'm just hoping Paper 1 balances it out! Grade boundaries aren't that high for English so as long as I scrape an A, it's alright.
Original post by HamzaD
omd yeah same prose was awful.
Reply 75
oh yeah the handmaid's tale + Frankenstein?
Did you do Science and Society? I have never written such nonsense in my life, I'm just hoping Paper 1 balances it out! Grade boundaries aren't that high for English so as long as I scrape an A, it's alright.
Reply 76
What do you mean nonsense? and I probably have done the same. literally the question was so hard like conflicting ideas about society and my A03 & A04 was lacking...
Yep ahaha
Original post by HamzaD
oh yeah the handmaid's tale + Frankenstein?

I did the one on the impact of science on personal beliefs as I found that question far too ambiguous; I think I was alright on the A03/4 front but I was so stressed in that exam that my AO1 was absolutely awful.
Original post by HamzaD
What do you mean nonsense? and I probably have done the same. literally the question was so hard like conflicting ideas about society and my A03 & A04 was lacking...
you can still enjoy the next few weeks before letting yourself worry about it. are you getting as or a level results ? :smile:

I'm getting A levels and one AS
Original post by khuwayl.a
I'm getting A levels and one AS

best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest