The Student Room Group

Hair loss

hello guys, I am 15 year old male (turning 16 in October) and my hair falls out a lot. Like if i run my hand through my hair atleast 2 or 3 hair strands will come out. I told my mum and she said go bald because apparently I have never had my head shaved before, since I would always cause a scene. What do you think I should do?
It depends on what you want to do. If you feel comfortable with "going bald" then do it but I would advise just to get a buzz cut if you want to keep your hair but at the end of the day it's your choice.
How often do you shampoo? If you use it daily then stop, and cut it down to every few days.
Original post by SimplySnips
It depends on what you want to do. If you feel comfortable with "going bald" then do it but I would advise just to get a buzz cut if you want to keep your hair but at the end of the day it's your choice.

If i get the buzz cut so like short haircut will the hair grow back “stronger”?
Original post by JoelBigSmokeTea
How often do you shampoo? If you use it daily then stop, and cut it down to every few days.

I shampoo my hair everyday in the morning.
Reply 5
Original post by FahadMuh247

Not really, since you need to go bald to essentially grow a new fresh set of hair. It's like you trimming your mustache, you're just shortening it, not growing a new set of hair unless you shaved it all.

Also using shampoo everyday is the worst thing you can do, I'm not even sure why people do it.
uh washing ur hair too much is gonna make it weak. if balding really starts to show properly just get a buzzcut, itll look less obvious
Original post by Xarao
Not really, since you need to go bald to essentially grow a new fresh set of hair. It's like you trimming your mustache, you're just shortening it, not growing a new set of hair unless you shaved it all.

Also using shampoo everyday is the worst thing you can do, I'm not even sure why people do it.

Do you think i should shave completely or just get a short haircut?

I thought using shampoo everyday it was good for you so you don’t get dandruff and that.
Stop running your hand through your hair then.
Reply 9
Do you think i should shave completely or just get a short haircut?

I thought using shampoo everyday it was good for you so you don’t get dandruff and that.

You can wash your hair everyday, but not shampoo. Also, you should shave completely, you're not doing yourself a favor cutting it short. Don't you want it to grow out new and completely fresh?
see your GP mate
Original post by Xarao
You can wash your hair everyday, but not shampoo. Also, you should shave completely, you're not doing yourself a favor cutting it short. Don't you want it to grow out new and completely fresh?

Alright then, thanks for the advice. :smile:
Reply 12
Alright then, thanks for the advice. :smile:

No worries.
Yeah. It basically removes the dead hair so you're left with healthier hair. It also makes your hair look thicker.
Oil your hair

Quick Reply

Latest