The Student Room Group

Bye To My Place At Cambridge. Predicted grades? Self-Studied Exams? Assistance?

Introduce myself
1. AS or A level? AS
2. What subjects? English Lit, History and Maths
3. How did your exams go?
Maths was awful and one of the papers for English Lit

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
5. Which subject?
6. What grades are required?

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? AS - A B B
8. How are you feeling about results day? So scared for maths.
9. Anything else to add? I want to study English at Cambridge University.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
help me then.
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
What exam board did you do for maths AS
Reply 4
Edexcel... aka the worst exam board.
Original post by Official_sajjad
What exam board did you do for maths AS
Original post by HamzaD
help me then.

What sort of help were asking for? Hope you havent upset TSR Jessica.
Reply 6
excuse me, you mean I'm upset and she is the least of my worries. I need help with predicted grades.
Original post by 999tigger
What sort of help were asking for? Hope you havent upset TSR Jessica.
Original post by HamzaD
excuse me, you mean I'm upset and she is the least of my worries. I need help with predicted grades.

Your predicted grades are made by your teacher/ referee. What have they said?
Reply 8
Original post by HamzaD
Edexcel... aka the worst exam board.

All exam boards have the same specification.
Also, TSR Jessica is a bot.
Regarding predicted grades - you want high predicted grades, but how much work have you done to try to secure them?
If you're desperate to go to Cambridge and you wind up with ABB predicted then apply after you've gotten your A-level results.
Reply 9
no my predictions are A* A* C (but I need an A for maths to be considered even though I'm applying for English)
Original post by Sinnoh
All exam boards have the same specification.
Also, TSR Jessica is a bot.
Regarding predicted grades - you want high predicted grades, but how much work have you done to try to secure them?
If you're desperate to go to Cambridge and you wind up with ABB predicted then apply after you've gotten your A-level results.
Reply 10
Original post by HamzaD
no my predictions are A* A* C (but I need an A for maths to be considered even though I'm applying for English)

Well then what you need to do should be self-explanatory - revise maths as much as is needed over the summer. And apply anyway - who knows what might happen. Maybe you'll ace the admissions test.

Also this comes across as you being confused as to why the A in maths could possibly matter - it's not about the content, it's more about showing that you're able to get an A on top of your other subjects. Wherever you end up going, you'll be working harder and the university will want to be sure that you're up for the task.
Reply 11
I'm going to revise maths so hard this summer.
Original post by Sinnoh
Well then what you need to do should be self-explanatory - revise maths as much as is needed over the summer. And apply anyway - who knows what might happen. Maybe you'll ace the admissions test.

Also this comes across as you being confused as to why the A in maths could possibly matter - it's not about the content, it's more about showing that you're able to get an A on top of your other subjects. Wherever you end up going, you'll be working harder and the university will want to be sure that you're up for the task.
Reply 12
Original post by HamzaD
I'm going to revise maths so hard this summer.

Make an actual plan though. If you just say to yourself "I'm gonna revise all of maths" it won't happen.
Reply 13
yes thank you for the advice.
Original post by Sinnoh
Make an actual plan though. If you just say to yourself "I'm gonna revise all of maths" it won't happen.
Im in a similar ish position, (one where i'd like to apply to oxbridge but have slightly low predicted grades) my game plan is to take a gap year then apply with my real grades next year.

Quick Reply

Latest