The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU First year accommodation

Hey guys!

I'm currently travelling Europe so not got a chance to come down and visit the accommodations until I start but does anyone have any recommendations for a really social dorm. What are the best ones that you would recommend ?
:smile:
Original post by Bp3ars
Hey guys!

I'm currently travelling Europe so not got a chance to come down and visit the accommodations until I start but does anyone have any recommendations for a really social dorm. What are the best ones that you would recommend ?

As with any university or any halls, it depends on the people. The building itself isn't social, it's the people living in it that either make it social or not. You can't tell which ones are more social until you know who is living there.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply and advice
Original post by DrawTheLine
As with any university or any halls, it depends on the people. The building itself isn't social, it's the people living in it that either make it social or not. You can't tell which ones are more social until you know who is living there.
Original post by Bp3ars
Thanks for the reply and advice

Does MMU have photos of the accommodation on their website? You could use this or any other information they give about the different halls to make your decision, based on location and what things they offer like ensuite and size of flats etc. Then just hope you get a good, social bunch of people! Remember you will also make friends with people in other accommodations as well so you can still make friends (coursemates etc.) even if the people you live with aren't the chattiest.
Hi,

We thought it might be best to ask one of our student ambassadors about their thoughts on our accommodation. So here is one of our current student Sarah's opinion:

"In my first year I lived in the Birley Campus where there was 12 of us all in one house. This was an amazing experience as it was a great way to make friends quickly especially in your first week of university. There was always someone to talk to when you went downstairs and I met one of my closest friends while living in this accommodation. I will say while I enjoyed living there were challenges living with so many people for example the mess and maybe a few clashing personalities but considering it was a student house this can be expected. Many of my other friends from Birley loved their experience but there is also an option of living with 8 people instead, where you will have an en-suite. However, the layout of the 8 and 12 bedrooms are slightly different as the 12 person accommodation is more of a house while the 8 person accommodation is more typical of what you would expect student accommodation as it is corridors with the kitchen and living room at the bottom of the hall. In my opinion the townhouse is better as I thought it had a more homely feel and it is a little cheaper than the 8 bedroom house which I thought was worth it.

I can't say much for the other accommodations but I did have friends who lived in Cambridge and Oxford Court who made loads of friends there."

If you are starting here in September, we would recommend applying for accommodation as soon as possible. You can take a look at all of our halls here: if you click on the different halls you can watch a short video with more information about each one.

I hope this helps, please just get back in touch if you have any more questions.

Charlotte
Original post by Bp3ars
Hey guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending