The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Is the course that I am applying to full?

Hi all. So to start things off, I am an international student who applied to 5 universities on UCAS, out of which, only one uni got back to me, saying that their course is full so I would have to wait till 2020 intake. I got in touch with my local representative, who helped me apply to Middlesex, on the 4th of July.
On the 5th, when I went to the course website, I saw there was an option to apply through clearing. However, I was already given an applicant portal account. I recently visited the course website again and it started "Please note, this course is no longer accepting applications for 2019 entry. The next entry is 2020."
Should I be worried that my application might be rejected? I am really paranoid about the course being full again. How long would I have to wait to get a reply from the uni?
Original post by misterspud
Hi all. So to start things off, I am an international student who applied to 5 universities on UCAS, out of which, only one uni got back to me, saying that their course is full so I would have to wait till 2020 intake. I got in touch with my local representative, who helped me apply to Middlesex, on the 4th of July.
On the 5th, when I went to the course website, I saw there was an option to apply through clearing. However, I was already given an applicant portal account. I recently visited the course website again and it started "Please note, this course is no longer accepting applications for 2019 entry. The next entry is 2020."
Should I be worried that my application might be rejected? I am really paranoid about the course being full again. How long would I have to wait to get a reply from the uni?

Most unis make their decisions about their September intake in the spring of that year. To ensure equal consideration, applicants have to apply by the January deadline. Some, less popular courses, will continue to have spaces after this time, but they will fill them as soon as they get suitable applicants.

At this time, unis will only have limited spaces available and will fill them on a first come/first served basis.

When applying via clearing, it is best for you, the applicant, to contact the uni directly by phone. You can then discuss the issues of vacancies and your application and a decision is usually made very quickly.

I would suggest calling Middlesex during UK office hours on Monday to discuss your application.
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Hi @misterspud,

Thanks for your query. Could you let me know your nationality so that I can put you in touch directly with your local regional office. They are the best people to contact and will be able to guide you through the process with your application.

Thanks!
Maddie :smile:

Original post by misterspud
Reply 3
Hello Maddie, I'm a Singaporean. I've called the University up and they told me it would take two weeks.
Original post by Middlesex University
Hi @misterspud,

Thanks for your query. Could you let me know your nationality so that I can put you in touch directly with your local regional office. They are the best people to contact and will be able to guide you through the process with your application.

Thanks!
Maddie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending