The Student Room Group

My boyfriend's dogs sleeps with us every night, but I want some alone time with my bf

Let me explain, I'm sorry this may be TMI, so I recently moved in with my bf, we rented a condo with a small yard. Now I love my bf's dogs, they're great, but my bf is quite attached to them. He doesn't like them sleeping in the living room or anywhere else that is not our bedroom. And they don't like to sleep anywhere else either. Anytime it's late at night and we head to bed, they follow us to our room. We have left them out before but they immediately start to scratch and cry at the door, to eventually barking. Which kills the mood. It's been happening this past month and I feel like our intimate life has suffer a lot because of it. Though my bf is perfectly happy and he seems good, I on the other hand am not. I love them but I also want to enjoy some alone time with my bf. Any couples or people who have had this issues or own pets, any solutions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What if the dog wants alone time with your bf and you're in the way?
By 'quite attached to them' you mean 'he lets them rule the house'

Is he ok (or relieved?) with the lack of sex?
Reply 3
Screw your feelings! Doggo is more important!!
Reply 4
Very funny :shifty:
Original post by Xarao
What if the dog wants alone time with your bf and you're in the way?
awww this thread is so cute :frown:
Reply 7
Yes, pretty much. He's appears fine, though if were deep into the intimacy and we get disrupted then he does get grouchy.

Original post by StriderHort
By 'quite attached to them' you mean 'he lets them rule the house'

Is he ok (or relieved?) with the lack of sex?
Reply 8
I love my pets but I'm not about the whole 'doggo' movement. I still like my time with my partner alone.
Original post by The Mogg
Screw your feelings! Doggo is more important!!
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, pretty much. He's appears fine, though if were deep into the intimacy and we get disrupted then he does get grouchy.

You go ahead with the dogs in the room? Yeesh, I guess dog owners are maybe used to that but I'd be too scared of surprise anal. Would kill the mood dead for me.
This is gross and weird tbh
No, not at all! We leave them in the living room but they start to scratch at the door and cry which kills our mood in the bedroom.
Original post by StriderHort
You go ahead with the dogs in the room? Yeesh, I guess dog owners are maybe used to that but I'd be too scared of surprise anal. Would kill the mood dead for me.
The dogs only sleep in our room, they are NOT in the room when we're intimate. We're just having issues with their constant crying and howling outside the door when we kick them out of the room.
Original post by Palmyra
This is gross and weird tbh
You need to get them used to sleeping outside your bedroom every night, then they will stop with the crying and scratching at the door. They'll do it at first until they get used to the idea but dogs are adaptable. Buy them a nice new bed and put it in the living room or somewhere else they like to be.
have a threesome with a dog:biggrin:

Original post by Andrew97
Threesome.
I have been in this situation. What was best for me may well not be what's best for you - depending on your overall approach to relationships.

I dumped the girlfriend that I had that let her pets rule the roost.

That't because my approach was that in the long term I was looking for someone to have children with. And I prefer to live in a house where the children don't rule the roost. It's about having the philosophy where the parents are assertive and set the boundaries on behaviour. If my partner can't or won't do that then they are not for me in the long term.

If someone can't control their pets, what are the chances they will control their children properly?
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
If someone can't control their pets, what are the chances they will control their children properly?

Absolutely zero, and I say that as someone who can't control their pets or children
Reply 17
Came here via the "Today On TSR" tab and tbh am rather peeved to discover I've been the Victim of Clickbait

might have to stop using that feature

I'm leaving this topic now. Goodbye.
Anyone else just scrolling through this thread, reading at the posts and giggling to themselves?
god i hate pets

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending