The Student Room Group

Mildly stressed👌

I am currently in year 12 doing Biology, Psychology and History. Biology is a joke
(beyond the point of failure), no idea how I deceived myself into thinking it was a good idea. I would have loved to be able to do year 13 Psychology and History and start another subject from the beginning however my school do not plan to take new sixth form students. Would it make sense to move schools start all over again (I am doing well in the other 2 and like my teachers)or work extra for the much disliked and irrelevant subject (Non-science related career path)
Original post by Hdeinso
I am currently in year 12 doing Biology, Psychology and History. Biology is a joke
(beyond the point of failure), no idea how I deceived myself into thinking it was a good idea. I would have loved to be able to do year 13 Psychology and History and start another subject from the beginning however my school do not plan to take new sixth form students. Would it make sense to move schools start all over again (I am doing well in the other 2 and like my teachers)or work extra for the much disliked and irrelevant subject (Non-science related career path)

Two A levels is not enough.

Can you find another school who would let you restart?
Would your school let you fasttrack an A level?
Would you be prepared to do a course online?

Trying to do an A level in a year is tough but not impossible. The alternative is to do it in 2 but accept you will take a gap year.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Two A levels is not enough.

Can you find another school who would let you restart?
Would your school let you fasttrack an A level?
Would you be prepared to do a course online?

Trying to do an A level in a year is tough but not impossible. The alternative is to do it in 2 but accept you will take a gap year.

There are 3 or so colleges I’ve looked at that take people repeating. My school isn’t taking new year 12s so I wouldn’t be able to start a new subject at my current school.
Original post by Hdeinso
There are 3 or so colleges I’ve looked at that take people repeating. My school isn’t taking new year 12s so I wouldn’t be able to start a new subject at my current school.

A fastrack or an extended sixth form wouldnt be a new year 12.
In any event visit the colleges and see what is available plus which one you like and rep?
You could also do the third from online thereby preserving your 2 good subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
A fastrack or an extended sixth form wouldnt be a new year 12.
In any event visit the colleges and see what is available plus which one you like and rep?
You could also do the third from online thereby preserving your 2 good subjects.

Would fast track not be learning year 12 and 13 content simultaneously?
Original post by Hdeinso
Would fast track not be learning year 12 and 13 content simultaneously?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest