The Student Room Group

Superhuman98 reviews games that came out years ago

Title refers to the fact that all my purchase on steam have been games that came out many years ago, and so most of my games are old.. although I do have a few new ones due to the Steam Summer sale.

Yes, in my attempt to find myself I have now made another blog in relation to my hobbies. I shall see if it takes me anywhere or maybe develops my writing skills.
Tomb Raider 2013:

Disappointed in my screenshots... this was the best I could find.

Welcome to my first ever game review on TSR. About 2 weeks ago I finished Tomb Raider 2013 for the second time. Tomb Raider 2013 is the reboot to the infamous Tomb Raider series, and as expected the game consists of a lot of action, platforming and combat. As the first game in a reboot Lara Croft is no longer an expert Tomb Raider but rather a girl interested in Archeology and History, and is suddenly thrown into life threatening scenarios. Throughout the game her character growth is quite evident as she pretty much turns into a killing machine to survive, and takes on great responsibilities in saving her friends. Pretty similar to Jason Brody from Far Cry 3.

On playing the game twice I felt like the scenes/parts of the story which were most gruesome/violent were the best. For example, the scenes right at the start of the game. I feel like as a reboot the game does really well as there are a range of weapons/pieces of equipment that you get introduced to as a you progress the game. There are also optional tombs,although I did feel like these tombs were a bit too easy. gameplay is solid. Cover mechanics are great, graphics are great , had no problems in terms of optimization for my PC I ran it pretty easily with no visual glitches. I liked the collectibles and artifacts that you collect , and how these were explained adding a lot of depth to the backstory of the island.

I felt like the open world here wasn't that compelling to explore once you had finished the story. There are also these collectibles called GPS caches and the game did a pretty poor job at explaining what exactly they were for or what they even are.

Didn't really bother with multiplayer.

9/10
Original post by SuperHuman98
Title refers to the fact that all my purchase on steam have been games that came out many years ago, and so most of my games are old.. although I do have a few new ones due to the Steam Summer sale.

Yes, in my attempt to find myself I have now made another blog in relation to my hobbies. I shall see if it takes me anywhere or maybe develops my writing skills.

That sounds like a thread for me, as I am very fond of old games. Which kinds of old games do you plan to report? even the ones who were released decades ago?
Original post by Kallisto
That sounds like a thread for me, as I am very fond of old games. Which kinds of old games do you plan to report? even the ones who were released decades ago?

Most of my games are from 2010-2015 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest