The Student Room Group

Clearing Dilemma

I'm trying to make a list of universities before I undoubtedly go through clearing on results day.

Other than league table rankings, what other factors should I weigh in? Don't say "just go to the unis you like the most" because it's hard to tell without experiencing it.
Original post by anzoceo
I'm trying to make a list of universities before I undoubtedly go through clearing on results day.

Other than league table rankings, what other factors should I weigh in? Don't say "just go to the unis you like the most" because it's hard to tell without experiencing it.

If you've visited any universities apart from your firm or insurance then maybe think about those?

If you'd prefer to stay within the same area/region have you looked at institutions locally or within a certain radius?

Campus or city?

What course are you looking for? :smile:
Original post by anzoceo

If you give us some idea about your firm/insurance universities and the course you're interested in then people on TSR might have suggestions of similar universities to look at.
Reply 3
Firm - Warwick
Insurance - QMUL
Subject - Chemistry
Original post by PQ
If you give us some idea about your firm/insurance universities and the course you're interested in then people on TSR might have suggestions of similar universities to look at.
Original post by anzoceo
Firm - Warwick
Insurance - QMUL
Subject - Chemistry

@CheeseIsVeg may be able to help.

Have a look at Southampton and Liverpool for starters. :smile:
Do you plan on staying in the South of England particularly or is that a coincidence from your uni choices at the moment?
Reply 5
I've looked at Southampton, I plan on calling them up.
Coincidence I guess, anywhere in England is fine with me.

I'm big on campus unis and the so called 'bubble feeling'. Feel like changing it up since I've been living in London my whole life. Doesn't mean that I want to live in a farm though, I still would like some sort of night life. As long as it has that and it's a decent ranked uni i'm all for it. :smile:

Original post by 04MR17
@CheeseIsVeg may be able to help.

Have a look at Southampton and Liverpool for starters. :smile:
Do you plan on staying in the South of England particularly or is that a coincidence from your uni choices at the moment?
I looked at Surrey with my DD for chemistry and really liked it there - very friendly staff, and a nice campus but close to the town and station too.

Southampton and Liverpool have higher entry requirements than QMUL. Surrey is a little lower.

Have you looked at the list of unis which still have places for chemistry?

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=Chemistry&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=coursetitleslist&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&AcademicYearId=2019&RegionDistancePostcode=&DistanceFromPostcode=25mi&pageNumber=1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending