The Student Room Group

5 months pregnant and I'm in sixform

So basically I'm 17 but when the baby is here I will be 18
But cause I'm in sixform would the teachers have to know and would they not allow me
To come in and would
They ask me questions like why I didn't wear protection or stuff like that

Scroll to see replies

I imagine they would be supportive.

It would be extremely unprofessional of them to ask you questions that personal!
You shouldn’t really be attending college when you are heavily pregnant
Contact your sixth form and ask them about coming in, it is important they are aware you are pregnant

They are not entitled to ask any questions about your pregnancy, especially as you are above legal age.
Good luck :-)
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
I imagine they would be supportive.

It would be extremely unprofessional of them to ask you questions that personal!

In this school when I was in yr ten rumours was going around about me being pregnant I was 15 then nearly 16 and yes a little difference but they did ask me questions like that

and tbh I don't really wnat them to find out But Ik that I have to tell them
Where are your parents ?
Original post by Anonymous
In this school when I was in yr ten rumours was going around about me being pregnant I was 15 then nearly 16 and yes a little difference but they did ask me questions like that

and tbh I don't really wnat them to find out But Ik that I have to tell them
Shouldn’t they be dealing with this ?

Ideally you would want to take a gap year or be gone tutored
Reply 6
Original post by yousman3357
Where are your parents ?

Why are you saying
That
Where are my parents lol
I'm 17 Newrly 18 I'm
Not 10
Reply 7
Well no cause I haven't told my school teachers I've told my friends not to say anything. To them and they have nothing to do with it cause I'm 17 not 15
Original post by yousman3357
Shouldn’t they be dealing with this ?

Ideally you would want to take a gap year or be gone tutored
Reply 8
But why do they need to know I'm 17 😂That's the thing
Original post by Izzythestudent
You shouldn’t really be attending college when you are heavily pregnant
Contact your sixth form and ask them about coming in, it is important they are aware you are pregnant

They are not entitled to ask any questions about your pregnancy, especially as you are above legal age.
Good luck :-)
You are still in education, so you are still in need of being supported financially etc..

Age is just a number (I know, a cliche), we still need advice and support regardless if you are 18 or 38.
Why are you saying
That
Where are my parents lol
I'm 17 Newrly 18 I'm
Not 10
Your parents should deal with this situation. You are their daughter and thus responsibility. Ask for their help, don’t be scared.
Why are you saying
That
Where are my parents lol
I'm 17 Newrly 18 I'm
Not 10
But why do they need to know I'm 17 😂That's the thing

Because you’re pregnant?? Girl—
So they can organise a schedule around you. You’re gonna have to leave classes for maternity leave at some point, and they’ll know you’re pregnant anyway because it will be pretty obvious so even if you don’t tell them...they’ll find out
You’ll also probably require additional support for things and advise as you’re still at school
That's the thing lol I don't want them to know also I'm
In sixform
That's it a school babe 😂 But I just hate telling teachers personal stuff do U get me x
(Original post by Izzythestudent)Because you’re pregnant?? Girl—
So they can organise a schedule around you. You’re gonna have to leave classes for maternity leave at some point, and they’ll know you’re pregnant anyway because it will be pretty obvious so even if you don’t tell them...they’ll find out
You’ll also probably require additional support for things and advise as you’re still at school
Wow jeez thanks i don't think that rudeness from u and there are loads of people
That are younger then me and I actaully am responsible I just forgot to take my pill so don't need to be like
That thank u very much and actaully I will be 18 when it's born soo
Not 17 meaning not ten cause I will 18 when it's born
So was the head girl in my school's sixth form. Maybe if she took the name of her position more literally it wouldn't have been the case.
Erm 18 year old is classed as a adults soooo

(Original post by rimstone)An 17/18 year old with no job, no education ( this you will/might have ), no experience of real life ( from budgeting for themselves to owning a house), living with their parent + Needing support from the state or others = Not an adult. You might think otherwise, but without the support of the state and your parent; lifes gonna hit you real hard.

good luck anyways, hopefully you can raise this kid, for the sake of it.
Did u just say the sake of it erm I've been with babies all my life I think im Ok with the responsibilities to raise a baby
Erm 18 year old is classed as a adults soooo

(Original post by rimstone)An 17/18 year old with no job, no education ( this you will/might have ), no experience of real life ( from budgeting for themselves to owning a house), living with their parent + Needing support from the state or others = Not an adult. You might think otherwise, but without the support of the state and your parent; lifes gonna hit you real hard.

good luck anyways, hopefully you can raise this kid, for the sake of it.
Did anything happen to her like did the teachers say or do anything

(Original post by awkwardshortguy)So was the head girl in my school's sixth form. Maybe if she took the name of her position more literally it wouldn't have been the case.
So basically I'm 17 but when the baby is here I will be 18
But cause I'm in sixform would the teachers have to know and would they not allow me
To come in and would
They ask me questions like why I didn't wear protection or stuff like that

You should tell them so they can give you support and help. They won't judge. You won't be able to hide it forever, as you're likely already showing or just starting to. Especially towards the end, it'll become difficult for you to attend and you will need to make arrangements for the birth, taking time off after etc.

You're going to be a parent so you need to act like one. Be mature and responsible and do the right thing. Trying to hide your pregnancy is immature and dangerous.
If they talk, ask your Husband to sort this

Quick Reply