Cats are selfish Watch

hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I believe cats are selfish creatures who show no affection and think they’re better than their owners. They creep up on you on the sofa, get too close to your face and scratch everything in sight.

Agree/Disagree?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff. :yes:
Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh nononononononononono NO they're awesome and cute and they purr and come up to you and curl around all over your body and let you stroke them and they're so cute. Disagree 100 million billion zillion%
Also, a dog once chased me down a street in Spain a few years ago, it barking like mad and me screaming like mad. I may be a wee bit biased but still. I'm scared of dogs bigger than puppies anyway because of that.
Also cats are amazing :love:

EDIT: Added a poll just so you can see how wrong you are
Last edited by Glaz; 1 month ago
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cats can be selfish but that's only because they're so intelligent. My two are sweethearts. It took them a while to trust me and my partner but now they know we're here to look after them and mean no harm, they do show us affection, it's just not in your face like it would be with a dog. They've also only ever scratched me by accident when they're defending themselves.
Ligretto Cowboy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes! Exactly! And that’s why I love them (lol).
Cheeky little creatures.
OhhEnnEmm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How's it a discussion? Cats are pure selfish end of I've never seen a cat do a nice thing
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't really understand what the appeal of a cat is, especially when compared to mans best friend.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Agree, I don't see much point in a cat it just goes outside and visits other houses. You are basically paying for an animal that isn't there and who would forget you in a heartbeat if you died. Rodents are a lot more interesting and interactive.
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Agree, I don't see much point in a cat it just goes outside and visits other houses. You are basically paying for an animal that isn't there and who would forget you in a heartbeat if you died. Rodents are a lot more interesting and interactive.
Oh wow I thought you would be on my side :cry2: :bawling:
LostLioness
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ligretto Cowboy)
Yes! Exactly! And that’s why I love them (lol).
Cheeky little creatures.
Exactly! They are a challenge and to get them to be affectionate requires a little bit of effort. I like that.
angel.xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i want a cat when i am a bit older so i can cuddle it and read books with it :emog:
yogurtgirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
true my cat uses me for food and attention.
username4355882
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Oh nononononononononono NO they're awesome and cute and they purr and come up to you and curl around all over your body and let you stroke them and they're so cute. Disagree 100 million billion zillion%
Also, a dog once chased me down a street in Spain a few years ago, it barking like mad and me screaming like mad. I may be a wee bit biased but still. I'm scared of dogs bigger than puppies anyway because of that.
Also cats are amazing :love:

EDIT: Added a poll just so you can see how wrong you are
Uhh the poll isn’t really helping your argument rn. Are you sure it was a good idea?
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by batter mix)
Uhh the poll isn’t really helping your argument rn. Are you sure it was a good idea?
Grr
Kraggor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I may not own a cat (YET) but all the neighbour cats love to come up and give me some affection and that is the best :love: so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they aren't selfish.
And if they are then who cares they can still take me
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Oh wow I thought you would be on my side :cry2: :bawling:
Sorry
The only cat i have ever liked is my friends cat, she was an indoor cat which is probably partially why she wasnt so aloof and absent
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
I believe cats are selfish creatures who show no affection and think they’re better than their owners. They creep up on you on the sofa, get too close to your face and scratch everything in sight.

Agree/Disagree?
How many cats have you owned?
None of them have shown you any affection?
How do you know they think they are better than you? Insecure?
Why does your cat want to scratch your face off?
Maybe you should look at the owner.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by angel.xo)
not even this one?
Looks a bit like CrazyKittenLady's kitten Whiskey :ninja:
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Disagree, I collapsed at home once and our cat sat on me and gently pawed me whilst I came round
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My cats are always showing love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (197)
24.32%
Pop (196)
24.2%
Jazz (33)
4.07%
Classical (46)
5.68%
Hip-Hop (153)
18.89%