agreed.
Thank yuuuu :congrats:
Original post by failingatlife78
agreed.

Original post by Obolinda
Thank yuuuu :congrats:

:hat2:
Reply 4
You can have different races that have similar skin colours. This is just stupid gatekeeping nobody asked for.
Original post by Sinnoh
You can have different races that have similar skin colours. This is just stupid gatekeeping nobody asked for.

You think scottish and spanish are different races? ok then
Reply 6
Original post by angelike1
You think scottish and spanish are different races? ok then

They're different ethnic groups, of course.
You think Slav and Irish Gypsy would be the same race because they're both white?
Original post by Sinnoh
They're different ethnic groups, of course.
You think Slav and Irish Gypsy would be the same race because they're both white?

Idk but I think it's pretty disengenous to say you are mixed race if both your ancestries are of European Caucasian descent. Otherwise half the global population would be 'mixed'.
Trying to bring a bit more spice to their lives than their pumpkin spice lattes.
Reply 9
Idk but I think it's pretty disengenous to say you are mixed race if both your ancestries are of European Caucasian descent. Otherwise half the global population would be 'mixed'.

Half the global population probably is mixed, I think people just see to use the term mixed-race for very specific examples, e.g. one parent is black and the other is white, whereas the idea of "mixed race" would in fact be very broad.

I could say that I'm mixed-race and be technically correct, but I wouldn't say that because that's usually not how people perceive it. But don't invent your own, overly restrictive definition.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sinnoh
Half the global population probably is mixed, I think people just see to use the term mixed-race for very specific examples, e.g. one parent is black and the other is white, whereas the idea of "mixed race" would in fact be very broad.

I mean yeah, exactly, if half the population is mixed it would be pretty futile to describe yourself to others as "mixed" if both your parents are from very closely related ethnic groups.
Tragic.
Reply 12
I mean yeah, exactly, if half the population is mixed it would be pretty futile to describe yourself to others as "mixed" if both your parents are from very closely related ethnic groups.

But you said nobody can be both mixed race and white. You can still have ethnic groups that aren't closely related but both happen to be white.
Original post by Sinnoh
But you said nobody can be both mixed race and white. You can still have ethnic groups that aren't closely related but both happen to be white.

I meant white as in European Caucasian not white as in literal pale skin colour.
Pakistani girls snapping themselves at Dubai airport but not snapping their onward ticket to Pakistan. Then they be like “I’m half Arab” just cause they had a 30 minute stopover in Dubai on their way to Pakistan.
Reply 15
I meant white as in European Caucasian not white as in literal pale skin colour.

OK that's a lot different
not to be cringe but you are mixed race if you are mixed with bad *****
Original post by RichPiana
Pakistani girls snapping themselves at Dubai airport but not snapping their onward ticket to Pakistan. Then they be like “I’m half Arab” just cause they had a 30 minute stopover in Dubai on their way to Pakistan.

some guy said hes arab cuz his uncle works in saudi arabia
That's too funny, at least they didn't say that they were 'Arabic'
Have you ever done one of them DNA heritage tests?

Latest