The Student Room Group

Missing the grade

Hey I had an offer to study BSc Child Nursing at kings college London (KCL) and they wanted an A, however I got a B. Does anyone know how lenient they are and whether or not they’re likely to accept me??
They’re on the UCAS Clearing for child’s nursing.
Original post by Bethanyl12
Hey I had an offer to study BSc Child Nursing at kings college London (KCL) and they wanted an A, however I got a B. Does anyone know how lenient they are and whether or not they’re likely to accept me??
They’re on the UCAS Clearing for child’s nursing.

Talk to admissions and they may say wait. They have some flexibility, but it isnt massive. One grade is reasonably close and if you did well in all other aspects then fingers crossed they will take you. Fact they are clearing means they have spaces.
Reply 2
Okay, thanks for the reply :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to admissions and they may say wait. They have some flexibility, but it isnt massive. One grade is reasonably close and if you did well in all other aspects then fingers crossed they will take you. Fact they are clearing means they have spaces.
If you mean will they accept you in Clearing without the required grades (ie. you have achieved grades from last year) - it depends how desperate they are to fill the course at Clearing - and if your B is in a critical science subject.

A course being in Clearing does NOT mean that that they will accept anyone in Clearing whatever grades they have got. All it means is that they have more offers to make, that is all.

All you can do is phone and ask. No-one here can give you a definite answer.
Reply 4
I didn’t assume they’d be able to give me a definite answer, I was leaning more towards whether anyone has ever been accepted with a lower grade than offered.
Thanks for your reply though
Original post by returnmigrant
If you mean will they accept you in Clearing without the required grades (ie. you have achieved grades from last year) - it depends how desperate they are to fill the course at Clearing - and if your B is in a critical science subject.

A course being in Clearing does NOT mean that that they will accept anyone in Clearing whatever grades they have got. All it means is that they have more offers to make, that is all.

All you can do is phone and ask. No-one here can give you a definite answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending