The Student Room Group

do long distance relationships count as real relationships?

I was in a long distance relationship and a few people have told me that those relationships don't count as real relationships, what is your opinion?
Yes. and so do online friends.
Yes of course, distance means nothing just depends how committed you are.
If it's a real person, then of course.
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
Yes. and so do online friends.

I would argue against this, you can't trust people you only know online. Tbh to make it as a friend of mine you would need to prove to me that you are willing to do a bid for me if it came to it.
Original post by J0n3zviper
I would argue against this, you can't trust people you only know online. Tbh to make it as a friend of mine you would need to prove to me that you are willing to do a bid for me if it came to it.

you can’t trust anyone fully. i trust my online friends more than those irl. but i guess that’s just your opinion
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
you can’t trust anyone fully. i trust my online friends more than those irl. but i guess that’s just your opinion

If you trust virtual friends more that your irl friends, you need new irl friends.
Original post by J0n3zviper
If you trust virtual friends more that your irl friends, you need new irl friends.

true that
You have a "relationship" with everyone you come into contact with. All the word means is the way in which you are connected. So, by me posting this comment, we have a relationship.

So yes, a long distance relationship is a relationship.

I think what you mean however is will it count as a romantic relationship - but that would very much depend on your definition of romance. You can talk to each other, video call each other, send each other gifts.. it sounds romantic to me if you make it so, but personally I wouldn't be able to live without the physical aspect of a relationship. I don't just mean sex, I mean holding hands, lying next to each other in bed, going shopping together.. I think it's the small things that really make a relationship, and that's just not going to be present in yours.

But nobody has any right to tell you how to live your life, so if you want to be faithful to another person, and it is a long distance relationship, then that is absolutely up to you, so if makes you happy then go for it.
Why would it not
I'm in a LDR for a year and a month and I'm considering calling it quits because I single handledly carried it and it feels like my partner doesn't give a **** about it
Only relationships within a distance of 0.1 mm are real.
yes they do, what's distance got to do with a relationship?
I live in London and my grandparents are up-north.. do we have to live in the same household?

this applies to couples too!, but I assume they are eventually going to reduce that distance or atleast move in together one day.
I've had 2 online relationships and they were both kind of silly and daft so I don't class them as real relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending