PolluxCluster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys!

I'm currently in year 10, moving into year 11 after six week holiday, I kind of messed around in year 8-9 and I don't really have 'good grades', quite bad honestly, however I just want to know if I was to put like 5 hours/day of my time into revision, could I be pulling Grade 9's/A* in all of my subjects? Maths/English/Science??

Thanks,
PolluxCluster
Wallflower.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I literally gave up almost the entirety of year 10&11 and still got 2 9’s because i tried in those subjects specifically. You’ll be fine
Alaska215
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
4 hours a day - starting now and you’ll come out on top
mhwmiracle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey, im in the sam situation as you currently and im going into y11 next year too so what ive been advised is dont pile yourself with so much work and you feel so stressed about. you're gonna be doing so so so much revision throughout the year til summer if there's any after school sessions please dont hesitate to go and attend them even if it is just for 10 minutes after school, dont be afraid to stick your hand up and question stuff or attempt to answer the question cos the more you have a go the more you realise 'yes im missing this key info out but it doesnt mean i cant have a go' and so what if people laugh at you did they even put their hand up? so overall dont hesitate get your head down and most people seem to settle down this year and realise they too should actually get on with work. dont hesitate to message me seeming as we're in the same boat at the moment and could rlly benefit off eachother
-
@mhwmiracle
(Original post by PolluxCluster)
Hey guys!

I'm currently in year 10, moving into year 11 after six week holiday, I kind of messed around in year 8-9 and I don't really have 'good grades', quite bad honestly, however I just want to know if I was to put like 5 hours/day of my time into revision, could I be pulling Grade 9's/A* in all of my subjects? Maths/English/Science??

Thanks,
PolluxCluster
PolluxCluster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thank's for replies guys.
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd advise making a revision timetable to help you stay on track with your revision. Add breaks to the timetable and any other extracurricular activities you do. Don't overwork yourself as it'll cause you to burn out when you need to revise continually. Have you completed your year 10 mocks, if so, how did they go?
PolluxCluster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
****, I didn't revise as we got less than a week warning for multiple subjects so I just focused on history which I got a 5 on.
reset 2's and 3's - without revision, and Y10 we had all crappy teachers, hopefully after 6 week holiday we'll have proper teachers.
lbessfinnegan123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did nothing for year 9 and 10 and came out with mostly 9s, if you put the work in from the start of year 11 and do what you need (minimal class test revision, homework), if that before, then I'm sure you can get at least a few
lizzyh123321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PolluxCluster)
Hey guys!

Thanks,
PolluxCluster
I’ve always had fairly good grades but I care out with five 9s and five 8s and my main thing was going over content a lot but using different techniques e.g. notes then flash cards then watching videos. If you are really set on a 9 in one specific subject talk to your teacher and work hard on that one but be willing to sacrifice other grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads