The Student Room Group

should i cut off a friend completely because of this?

this girl and i have been close friends for about a year now. recently i have been thinking about how she might not be a good friend. firs off she is not a good influence at all. she has gotten me into smoking, drinking, drugs etc. ofc she is not solely to blame, i have a brain of my own and shouldnt have have gotten into these things. but what has hurt me most is that she left me twice when i was very drunk. i dont know why i even decided to get drunk with her the second time. i do believe in second chances and she blew it. my family very much dislike her and saw her toxic side before i did. i guess i was at a low point when i met her so i was vulnerable and prone to taking stupid decisions. im just a bit confused whether i should completely cut her off or talk about this with her. is she even a good friend, do you guys have similar experiences, if so pls share
I don't know how old you are but I had a similar thing happen when I was 14, but decided not to get involved with the things they were doing (mostly drinking, drugs, etc) so found a new friend circle and went from there. But if you're with people now that aren't looking out for you under the influence of these things then I'd seriously reconsider how good of a friend she is to you. of course there's no need to cut her off completely but maybe talking to her about it would be a good idea. Feel free to dm me if you want to talk about it :smile:
Reply 2
it all started when i was 15 (im 16 now). and thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Lucy_Apple17
I don't know how old you are but I had a similar thing happen when I was 14, but decided not to get involved with the things they were doing (mostly drinking, drugs, etc) so found a new friend circle and went from there. But if you're with people now that aren't looking out for you under the influence of these things then I'd seriously reconsider how good of a friend she is to you. of course there's no need to cut her off completely but maybe talking to her about it would be a good idea. Feel free to dm me if you want to talk about it :smile:
I mean I'm 18 now and in the long run it's definitely better to not get involved with those sorts of things that young, just from what I've seen from other people. obviously it can work out differently but if you think it's a toxic friendship, might be for the best to distance yourself if you think it'll be the best idea
Original post by Anonymous
this girl and i have been close friends for about a year now. recently i have been thinking about how she might not be a good friend. firs off she is not a good influence at all. she has gotten me into smoking, drinking, drugs etc. ofc she is not solely to blame, i have a brain of my own and shouldnt have have gotten into these things. but what has hurt me most is that she left me twice when i was very drunk. i dont know why i even decided to get drunk with her the second time. i do believe in second chances and she blew it. my family very much dislike her and saw her toxic side before i did. i guess i was at a low point when i met her so i was vulnerable and prone to taking stupid decisions. im just a bit confused whether i should completely cut her off or talk about this with her. is she even a good friend, do you guys have similar experiences, if so pls share

✂️ ✂️✂️✂️✂️
Completely cut her off , there is a saying that u are the average of the people u hang out with . She’s a bad influence 100% , it is crucial to surround ur self with positive and motivating people especially at ur age where u have the worry of academics . The choices u make now will affect ur future because u won’t do as well in school
This is coming from an 18 year old who has had negative friends before
Original post by kkllookkkk
Completely cut her off , there is a saying that u are the average of the people u hang out with . She’s a bad influence 100% , it is crucial to surround ur self with positive and motivating people especially at ur age where u have the worry of academics . The choices u make now will affect ur future because u won’t do as well in school
This is coming from an 18 year old who has had negative friends before

Second that

I’m 18 and have only recently cut ties with negative people I used to call friends. Doesn’t lead anywhere good getting involved with people like that.
Ayyyyy how did ur a levels go btw
Original post by Engineering18
Second that

I’m 18 and have only recently cut ties with negative people I used to call friends. Doesn’t lead anywhere good getting involved with people like that.
Ayyyyy how did ur a levels go btw

Not too bad tbf, stopped going out a few months before and proper knuckled down on revision. What about yasel?
They were ok , but maths really messed me up
They were ok , but maths really messed me up

Mate same with me. People from my school found paper 3 easy but I still ****ed that one up
SAME esp mechanics it’s annoying cuz my best grade has to be in maths
Btw from ur username it seems like u doing an engineering degree lol so I’m assuming u would need a high grade for math
Mate same with me. People from my school found paper 3 easy but I still ****ed that one up
SAME esp mechanics it’s annoying cuz my best grade has to be in maths
Btw from ur username it seems like u doing an engineering degree lol so I’m assuming u would need a high grade for math

I thought mechanics was going to be easy but the questions were solid
Yeah I need to get an A or a B but realistically I’ll probably get a C
Just hoping that my uni will still let me in
What grade you need?
Yeah I need an A too
I thought mechanics was going to be easy but the questions were solid
Yeah I need to get an A or a B but realistically I’ll probably get a C
Just hoping that my uni will still let me in
What grade you need?
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah keep your distance, don't let her drag you down with her. No true mate would leave another in a situation like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending