The Student Room Group

Red Light Camera

I’m really worried that I’m going to get a ticket for running a red light. It changed to red about 0.4 seconds before I hit the line. There wasn’t a camera in sight. Does there need to be a camera or are there sensors in the road?
Original post by junkbox306
I’m really worried that I’m going to get a ticket for running a red light. It changed to red about 0.4 seconds before I hit the line. There wasn’t a camera in sight. Does there need to be a camera or are there sensors in the road?

Moved to cars and motoring

You'll have to wait and see if you get a ticket in the mail. In future though, please be more responsible. The light is on amber for a considerable amount of time before it turns to red, allowing drivers plenty of time to come to a safe stop (that's why it doesn't just go from green to red. The amber is there to alert you to slow down). Running a red light could be a fatal mistake, so even though it sounds harsh I do hope you get a ticket so you don't do this again. Please think of other road users and yourself to help prevent any nasty accidents :smile:

How else are they going to get your reg plate you moron.
Reply 3
Could it be ANPR sensor?
Original post by RoyalSheepy
How else are they going to get your reg plate you moron.
Reply 4
I did have someone fairly close on my backside and it was a 50mph so felt it would have been more dangerous to brake harshly
Original post by DrawTheLine
Moved to cars and motoring

You'll have to wait and see if you get a ticket in the mail. In future though, please be more responsible. The light is on amber for a considerable amount of time before it turns to red, allowing drivers plenty of time to come to a safe stop (that's why it doesn't just go from green to red. The amber is there to alert you to slow down). Running a red light could be a fatal mistake, so even though it sounds harsh I do hope you get a ticket so you don't do this again. Please think of other road users and yourself to help prevent any nasty accidents :smile:
Could it be ANPR sensor?

No, what you described is definitely a sensor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending