The Student Room Group

UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2020 **Official Thread**

Hiya, are you applying to university? Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying. :biggrin: If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in @Puddles the Monkey! Chats with a link will be blue with a >>, if you can't click yours then it hasn't been made yet.

Application details ice-breaker questions :biggrin:

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with. :h:

Below is a list of subject and university-specific group chats/application threads which you might like to get involved in. Click +Show next to the letter your uni starts with below and the links will appear:

University Applicant Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

Universities outside the UK:
Hong Kong
Ireland
USA/Ivy League
Canada
Australia
Netherlands

Bocconi >>
PPLE at University of Amsterdam >>

Other:
Teacher Training >>
Disabled Students >>
Mature Students
Italian Applicants
Canadian Applicants >>

Subject Applicant Threads:

All med school 2020 applicant threads can be found here >>

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Populating the links now - if anyone find any 2020 applicant threads please let me know! :yay:
(edited 4 years ago)
Have added cambridge, LSE, Imperial and King's..... if anyone sees any more or wants to set some up let me know! :yay:

Also happy to be tagged to help with anything. :smile:
If you're creating an applicants thread please put a link to this thread in your first post so that other users can find the threads for their other unis. :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Damn guys you're really organised!! Might be worth advertising this in the Year 12 Thread if you haven't already? I'll kick off the ice-breaker anyway:

English Language and Literature

Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Cardiff - my current 5!

Haven't gotten them all back yet. They should be around A*AA depending on how nice my Literature teacher decides to be. I got AAC in my mocks for those wondering!

GCSE grades:
98888A*A*777A

Extra curriculars:
EPQ, volunteer at a literacy programme, creative writing, museum takeover, editorial workshop, peer support
(edited 4 years ago)
Added St. Andrews, Teacher Training and Disabled Students. :woo:
Added Cardiff. :ahee:
Original post by 04MR17
Added Cardiff. :ahee:

You might need to re-add it - I had to undo your edit because it kind of.... deleted everything. :lol:
Original post by Snufkin
You might need to re-add it - I had to undo your edit because it kind of.... deleted everything. :lol:
Urgh That's so annoying. :angry:

Take two... :pcguru:
Original post by Snufkin
The bloody app again. :argh:

Could you undo it again please?

Link to cardiff is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6042852

Can't edit using the app otherwise that's going to happen every time. :grumble: :mad2:
Original post by 04MR17
Urgh That's so annoying. :angry:

Take two... :pcguru:

Oh dear, the same thing seems to have happened again. Take three? :rofl:
Original post by 04MR17
The bloody app again. :argh:

Could you undo it again please?

Link to cardiff is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6042852

Can't edit using the app otherwise that's going to happen every time. :grumble: :mad2:

Done! Now I can disappear.... tralalala.... :flybye:
Hello. I am applying for BA criminology next year. My top 5 are Leicester, Kent, Hertfordshire, Coventry and Southampton. My predicted grades are BBC (from year 12 mocks) but I’m set to do exams for ucas predictions in September. I hope to achieve AAB. I’m studying health and social care, sociology and English lit. Extra curricular activities are basketball, singing and swimming
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hiya, are you applying to university? Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying. :biggrin: If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in @Puddles the Monkey!

GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Below is a list of subject and university-specific group chats/application threads which you might like to get involved in. Click +Show next to the letter your uni starts with below and the links will appear:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

International:
Hong Kong
Ireland
USA/Ivy League
Canada
Australia
Netherlands

Other:
Teacher Training
Disabled Students
Mature Students
Italian Applicants

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

Hi! This looks like it’ll be fun once it kicks off and everyone all replies haha

What course are you applying for: Law. At KCL I’m applying for PPL
What universities are you thinking of: Durham, UCL, LSE, KCL, not sure of my fifth
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*AA (maybe a third A* if my RS teacher is feeling generous)
GCSE grades: 9 8 8 8 7 7 7 7 7 6 5
Extra curricular: I volunteer with young children from usually difficult backgrounds basically helping them with their hw. I’m also a part of the NCS LYB for my area so we basically try to tackle issues in our local community and I’ve given a bunch of speeches related to that. CCF (combined cadet force) where I’m Lance Corporal (I’m actually quite annoyed because I should be Corporal by now but I do CCF at the boys school near me and I go to the girls school, and they have always promoted the boys before us girls even though we do just as much if not better than they do) I’m the secretary of the Interact organisation branch in my school where we plan charity events and I’m a Senior Charity Official as my prefect role at school
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hiya, are you applying to university? Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying. :biggrin: If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in @Puddles the Monkey!

GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

International:
Hong Kong
Ireland
USA/Ivy League
Canada
Australia
Netherlands

Other:
Teacher Training
Disabled Students
Mature Students
Italian Applicants

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

Hi!
I’m Soph
I want to apply for Occupational Therapy
I’m thinking of Huddersfield
My predicted grades are D*D*D* (I take BTEC so the D is Distinction)
My GCSE grades were maths 4 english lit 5 english lang 4 science 5.4 religious studies 6 german 4 textiles 4
I don’t do any extra curriculums 🙃
really? How come you can’t do any extra curricular activities?
I have two part time jobs, i attend college three days a week and do voluntary placement in the mental health sector for the other two weekdays, so I don’t have time
Original post by Angela.801
really? How come you can’t do any extra curricular activities?
Helloooooooo.

What course are you applying for: Medicine, Biomedical Science, Cancer Sciences
What universities are you thinking of: Manchester, Imperial College, Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A* - Chemistry, Biology, German
GCSE grades: Five 9s, three 8s, two A*s, two 7s and a C
Extra curriculars: Piano, Explorers, running.
Hi!
I'm Divine
I'm want to apply to study English Language at Lancaster but I'll also apply to Warwick, Manchester, UCL and Kent/Leeds
Predicted A Levels: PE A* English Language A Business A
GCSEs 999887776
Extracurricular activities: EPQ, I do athletics and I've done journalism work experience
Ohhh wow sounds very intense. 2 part time jobs💆🏽*♀️ and I’m struggling to get one now whilst in full time education.

Latest

Trending

Trending