The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accommodation at Reading Uni

My daughter is an EU resident and therefore will not qualify for a maintenance loan. She has not yet had confirmation of her place though Reading Uni has her results and it was her firm choice. She has applied for the cheapest rooms in Wessex, St Pats and St George's. Is she guaranteed a low-cost hall or may she find herself placed in a more expensive hall? Thanks, worried single parent Mum!
Hi,

I believe that most students will be placed in one of their 3 hall choices, although I don't know if this officially guaranteed. My advice to you would be to fill out this form allowing you to contact the university directly and then someone can get in touch with you and be able to advise you on whether their is a guarantee.

https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx

I hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can help with,

Ellen :smile:
Speech and Language Therapy Student and Student Ambassador
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
My daughter is an EU resident and therefore will not qualify for a maintenance loan. She has not yet had confirmation of her place though Reading Uni has her results and it was her firm choice. She has applied for the cheapest rooms in Wessex, St Pats and St George's. Is she guaranteed a low-cost hall or may she find herself placed in a more expensive hall? Thanks, worried single parent Mum!

I think she is very likely to get one of her top 3 choices if you tell the accomodation office about your concerns, especially as she has her results before the A level students. My daughter did her Masters at Reading uni and we found the accomodation office at Reading to be quite helpful and understanding of various issues.
Hi, I am Sylvian - currently doing my PhD at the University of Reading. I am looking for someone to take up my place at St.George’s Hall for the academic year 2019-2020. The tenancy starts on 21/09/2019 and ends on 12/09/2020. The contract will be perfect for a Post Graduate student or a PG research student because it’s a one year tenancy. At 129.50 , this is cheapest University accommodation :smile: (I am not taking it up because I will be travelling a lot for my data collection - didn't know it when I took the contract). If you like, you can take it up for your daughter and this will guarantee her place at the Halls.
Original post by Anonymous
Reply 4
Thanks harrysbar.
Original post by harrysbar
I think she is very likely to get one of her top 3 choices if you tell the accomodation office about your concerns, especially as she has her results before the A level students. My daughter did her Masters at Reading uni and we found the accomodation office at Reading to be quite helpful and understanding of various issues.
Reply 5
Thank you. She has have sent a question regarding accommodation as you suggested. We have phoned Admissions again. They have had unconditional on their screen for 2 weeks but my daughter still has nothing (no email, change of status etc...). They are going to
Reply 6
Thank you but we are not looking for a 12 month contract. Whoever is after a year-long contract will be thrilled to take up your offer!
Original post by Sylvianism
Hi, I am Sylvian - currently doing my PhD at the University of Reading. I am looking for someone to take up my place at St.George’s Hall for the academic year 2019-2020. The tenancy starts on 21/09/2019 and ends on 12/09/2020. The contract will be perfect for a Post Graduate student or a PG research student because it’s a one year tenancy. At 129.50 , this is cheapest University accommodation :smile: (I am not taking it up because I will be travelling a lot for my data collection - didn't know it when I took the contract). If you like, you can take it up for your daughter and this will guarantee her place at the Halls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending