The Student Room Group

Why doesn't Labour carry out a purge?

Now they want a no confidence vote in Corbyn. I'm a member of the Labour Party, and me and my CLP are lost for words as for how these traitors can get away with talking about Corbyn the way they do. Why aren't they all removed from the party? Tom watson and the like.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kali8603
Now they want a no confidence vote in Corbyn. I'm a member of the Labour Party, and me and my CLP are lost for words as for how these traitors can get away with talking about Corbyn the way they do. Why aren't they all removed from the party? Tom watson and the like.

when Esteemed Comrade Corbyn becomes leader of this country he will establish gulags for these class traitors.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
when Esteemed Comrade Corbyn becomes leader of this country he will establish gulags for these class traitors.

This but unironically
This but unironically

he may decide to outsource his gulag needs to his pals in Russia :h:

If you want the labour party to ever get into power again you HAVE to be rid of Corbyn. My entire family and most of my friends from university feel we can't vote labour purely because of Corbyn- if it were anyone else they'd have my vote (and millions of others)
Reply 5

Because, unlike yourself, they're in touch with reality.
Reply 6
Original post by TomSmith12345
If you want the labour party to ever get into power again you HAVE to be rid of Corbyn. My entire family and most of my friends from university feel we can't vote labour purely because of Corbyn- if it were anyone else they'd have my vote (and millions of others)

And I know millions of others who would vote Labour only because of Corbyn. He's up against the entire establishment, big business and the Israel lobby. But Labour is a working class party, not a liberal elite party. I know Corbyn isn't the most working class person, but hes certainly a lot more than Tom watson or ed miliband.
Original post by TomSmith12345

This. Corbyn has to go and if he really had Labours best interests at heart, he would stand aside for someone more popular, or at least less unpopular
And I know millions of others who would vote Labour only because of Corbyn. He's up against the entire establishment, big business and the Israel lobby. But Labour is a working class party, not a liberal elite party. I know Corbyn isn't the most working class person, but hes certainly a lot more than Tom watson or ed miliband.

the Labour party is full of posturing virtue signallers who live in ££££million homes in the favelas of Islington and Hoxton. the only time Corbyn was required to do break breaking work was *insert joke here*
Purge. Great choice of word.

If Labour wishes to remain unelectable, by all means keep Corbyn as leader.
Reply 10
Original post by harrysbar
This. Corbyn has to go and if he really had Labours best interests at heart, he would stand aside for someone more popular, or at least less unpopular

The job of a political party is to have its voters best interests at heart, not the party's. Corbyn is not far left enough for me, but he's the best thing for britain right now apart from his brexit - or lack of - brexit policy.
Reply 11
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Purge. Great choice of word.

If Labour wishes to remain unelectable, by all means keep Corbyn as leader.

Trotsky mate, I thought we killed you off in 1940. I bet he's turning in his grave reading this.
Original post by the bear
the Labour party is full of posturing virtue signallers who live in ££££million homes in the favelas of Islington and Hoxton. the only time Corbyn was required to do break breaking work was *insert joke here*

How rude.

My house in Islington is worth £££££
It is well documented that the media - driven by certain corporate and foreign interests - has been attempting to maliciously and disingenuously destroy Corbyn's reputation and smear his character from day one.

Unfortunately, they seem to have done a rather good job of it, convincing many people that he's 'radical' or 'in bed with extremists' etc.
Reply 14
Original post by Palmyra
It is well documented that the media - driven by certain corporate and foreign interests - has been attempting to maliciously and disingenuously destroy Corbyn's reputation and smear his character from day one.

Unfortunately, they seem to have done a rather good job of it, convincing many people that he's 'radical' or 'in bed with extremists' etc.

They have done. What's worse is that now people in his own party believe it.
A vote of no confidence has nothing to do with being a traitor. It's simply re-evaluating the individual's suitability for their current role. With the anti-semitism problem ongoing it's hardly surprising, and it's better to do this mid term than during election period.
They have done. What's worse is that now people in his own party believe it.

Those are bought by corporate/foreign interest groups and opposed Corbyn from day one, they didn't need a fake 'scandal' to fear and slander Corbyn.

What happened to those Labour MPs who vote they'd break away from the party and start their own "Change" Party - how did they get on in the recent EU elections? :biggrin:
Angela Smith - Labour Friends of Israel
Chuka Umunna - Labour Friends of Israel
Luciana Berger - Labour Friends of Israel
Mike Gapes - Labour Friends of Israel

Obviously such individuals opposed Corbyn from the day they tried to get rid of him before he was re-elected as Labour Leader with an even larger majority.

Quick Reply

Latest