The Student Room Group

Engineering course

Hi, I recently left school after finishing my GCSE's. I am starting college in September and I am doing the engineering diploma level 3 course. I am going to do the course for 2 years. What should I do after I have completed the 2 years in college? Should I go uni and get an extended degree? I want to hopefully become a electrical/telecommunications engineer. Can anyone give me any good/helpful advice?
Original post by marvelous245
Hi, I recently left school after finishing my GCSE's. I am starting college in September and I am doing the engineering diploma level 3 course. I am going to do the course for 2 years. What should I do after I have completed the 2 years in college? Should I go uni and get an extended degree? I want to hopefully become a electrical/telecommunications engineer. Can anyone give me any good/helpful advice?

Hi Marvelous245

A really good website to use to help you decide what is the best route for you would be prospects. It is will tell you how a degree in engineering will help to get onto that career path.

If you are interested we also do a degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering BEng. This degree is also a sandwich course meaning you would get a year experience working in the industry.

Hope this helped. If you need any more information ask away.

Dom :bhangra:
Hi, I checked out the website. It gives me useful informatiom about the course I want to do. Is there any other way that I can exactly find out what to do after I leave college. I want to specifically know what to do after 2 years in college etc. Can you send me the exact page?
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi Marvelous245

A really good website to use to help you decide what is the best route for you would be prospects. It is will tell you how a degree in engineering will help to get onto that career path.

If you are interested we also do a degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering BEng. This degree is also a sandwich course meaning you would get a year experience working in the industry.

Hope this helped. If you need any more information ask away.

Hi, I checked out the website. It gives me useful informatiom about the course I want to do. Is there any other way that I can exactly find out what to do after I leave college. I want to specifically know what to do after 2 years in college etc. Can you send me the exact page?

Hi marvelous245

I have attached the link to the 'what can I do with a degree in electrical and electronic engineering' from prospects. At the bottom of the page current job vacancies in this field. I would check the job specification for these roles, to see if you would need a degree to get into those jobs and what relevant experience you may need.

Hope this helps

Heyy, i have also just enrolled onto this exact course for Sep!

I am also at a loss end as to how to progress after, i am still in 2 minds exactly which sector i want to focus on after the course, but still unsure on how to progress in whichever direction!

I am soo stuck too:frown:
Use a website called prospects. It gives you useful information. What do you want to become? I have an idea of what to do after I complete 2 yrs in college. I want to be a telecommunication engineer so I might apply to be a trainee engineer for BT.
I was hoping to go for the electrical maintenance of the extraction equipment on an offshore oil rig, or railway in some form, or similar to yourself with telecoms.

I'm going to have a look on Prospects tonight and have a little read about my options of direction ect! Hopefully i'll get a little further forward with my choises:smile:
Use a website called prospects. It gives you useful information. What do you want to become? I have an idea of what to do after I complete 2 yrs in college. I want to be a telecommunication engineer so I might apply to be a trainee engineer for BT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending