The Student Room Group

uni reference

I am currently in year 12 and I asked my teacher whose leaving for a reference for uni applications and he said yes and that he would email it to me but all he gave me was his email address.

what do I do with this???
Reply 1
Email him and chase him up...
Original post by Husky018
Email him and chase him up...

now or when applying to uni????
Reply 3
Right now. Get the reference done and ready for when you apply to University. Are you planning on going via clearing? Or are you not applying this year?
Original post by tvshowaddict2112
now or when applying to uni????
Original post by Husky018
Right now. Get the reference done and ready for when you apply to University. Are you planning on going via clearing? Or are you not applying this year?

well I'm only in year 12 at the moment. I will be going into year 13 in september, which is around the time I will be applying for uni.

I just dont know what to do because he said he would write me one and send it to me so why did he just send me his new email??
(edited 4 years ago)
well I'm only in year 12 at the moment. I will be going into year 13 in september, which is around the time I will be applying for uni.

I just dont know what to do because he said he would write me one and send it to me so why did he just send me his new email??

Because that’s all you need.

When you apply through ucas apply as an individual (not through a centre/school using a buzzword). The reference section will ask for contact details for your reference. Fill it in if you can - if you need more details then email your teacher and ask them for all the required contact details. Ucas then email your teacher for them to add your reference
Original post by PQ
Because that’s all you need.

When you apply through ucas apply as an individual (not through a centre/school using a buzzword). The reference section will ask for contact details for your reference. Fill it in if you can - if you need more details then email your teacher and ask them for all the required contact details. Ucas then email your teacher for them to add your reference

oh! ok! I was so confused. nobody has evey really explained the whole referencing thing. it now makes so much more sense. thanks so much for clearing that up!
oh! ok! I was so confused. nobody has evey really explained the whole referencing thing. it now makes so much more sense. thanks so much for clearing that up!

No problem

Your reference has to be added before you can submit it to ucas so make sure you give your referee plenty of time to write and add the reference before the deadline.
Original post by PQ
No problem

Your reference has to be added before you can submit it to ucas so make sure you give your referee plenty of time to write and add the reference before the deadline.

ok, thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending