The Student Room Group

Is this a good idea or should I just move on?

My...ex is leaving for training for the army into 2 months. We were long distance but were really close we still are...but anyway, I said I would do anything to see him again. (we met twice when we were dating, the second time was the best day of my life..first kiss eee) anyway! I know I should just move on from him as the breakup was pretty well sh** but we still talk as really close friends.

So. Should I do this=

He gets a week off in training (takes 11 months) He said he would be visiting his family, staying up late with them and going out with his mates for some of the days (so that week is pretty full... I think) I was thinking I could surprise him/or ask him about coming down one of the days with my best friend. Idk how he would react tbh, I know his sister were close, she's so so kind to me! It's unbelievable. So the surprise could work with her! omg. This might work. If she agrees and we both set a day for me coming down and I surprise him. It could work OR should I ask him anyway and see what he says?

Or is this a bit too...much for my ex? He lives around 300 miles and I just want to see him one last time before he goes into the army. Is that so much to ask :frown: :frown: :frown:

What do you think I should do?
Original post by Anonymous
My...ex is leaving for training for the army into 2 months. We were long distance but were really close we still are...but anyway, I said I would do anything to see him again. (we met twice when we were dating, the second time was the best day of my life..first kiss eee) anyway! I know I should just move on from him as the breakup was pretty well sh** but we still talk as really close friends.

So. Should I do this=

He gets a week off in training (takes 11 months) He said he would be visiting his family, staying up late with them and going out with his mates for some of the days (so that week is pretty full... I think) I was thinking I could surprise him/or ask him about coming down one of the days with my best friend. Idk how he would react tbh, I know his sister were close, she's so so kind to me! It's unbelievable. So the surprise could work with her! omg. This might work. If she agrees and we both set a day for me coming down and I surprise him. It could work OR should I ask him anyway and see what he says?

Or is this a bit too...much for my ex? He lives around 300 miles and I just want to see him one last time before he goes into the army. Is that so much to ask :frown: :frown: :frown:

What do you think I should do?

It was hardly a relationship.
You suggest it was a bad break up.
You are thinking of surprising him with the risk he could take it very badly.

I think its a bad idea unless you are ready for that risk and it all going wrong 300 miles away from home.
Sounds like a bad idea to me, but maybe if it didnt turn out you would learn a lesson from it.
I dont think it moves you forward into finding someone else though.
It was a **** breakup but you guys are still close as best friends? Don’t think it’s a bad idea. If he’s close to you too then go for it. I mean...what’s the worse thing that could happen?...Good luck!
Reply 3
A lot could go wrong hahaha like the above ^^^
Thank you tho!
Yeah still close friends x
Original post by Anonymous
It was a **** breakup but you guys are still close as best friends? Don’t think it’s a bad idea. If he’s close to you too then go for it. I mean...what’s the worse thing that could happen?...Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest