The Student Room Group

I'll Get Sacked Again

Got into a row with a supervisor. Who ratted on me to HR. Yep. Typical. today's my day off and tomorrow. I already know when I'm not there that there's gonna be gossip. That will lead to me getting sacked or me walking out and quitting after knocking **** over. It's only been three ****ing weeks! I'm so sick of this ****. :h: whichever one of you is praying for my downfall, it's working so keep it up. :h:

Scroll to see replies

Would we be able to get some more details, I.e how long you were with the company for? Gossip does happen in the workplace unfortunately, but does this gossip really translate to you losing your job? If you feel the signs show that they want you out, it may be a blessing in disguise for you to work in a better environment.
So what actually happened between you and your supervisor?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Got into a row with a supervisor. Who ratted on me to HR. Yep. Typical. today's my day off and tomorrow. I already know when I'm not there that there's gonna be gossip. That will lead to me getting sacked or me walking out and quitting after knocking **** over. It's only been three ****ing weeks! I'm so sick of this ****. :h: whichever one of you is praying for my downfall, it's working so keep it up. :h:

Dont quit and dont walk out or you will be certainly taken as having made yourself intentionally unemployed with everything that follows. You dont want to go there.
Original post by 999tigger
Dont quit and dont walk out or you will be certainly taken as having made yourself intentionally unemployed with everything that follows. You dont want to go there.

So then it'll be another termination. Or workplace humiliation if I stay. I'm positive. The supervisor runs their mouth way too ****ing much. If they weren't a supervisor it would have gone differently, I would've gone to jail for sure for hurting them. Absolutely no respect. Don't encounter me in front of everyone about something little. I let it slide because I didn't know this conversation would happen, nor in this way. Next time, I'm walking away in the middle of their sentence and going to someone they fear and that's the store manager or HR. I'm sick of this ****.
So then it'll be another termination. Or workplace humiliation if I stay. I'm positive. The supervisor runs their mouth way too ****ing much. If they weren't a supervisor it would have gone differently, I would've gone to jail for sure for hurting them. Absolutely no respect. Don't encounter me in front of everyone about something little. I let it slide because I didn't know this conversation would happen, nor in this way. Next time, I'm walking away in the middle of their sentence and going to someone they fear and that's the store manager or HR. I'm sick of this ****.

There are better ways to cover your back and complain. You need to keep your cool and if needed look for somewhere else.
Best thing you can do mate is just see how it plays out. Hopefully you can convince your manager it's something you regret and know you shouldn't have done and it won't happen again. Don't wanna be getting a track record for getting the sack, and walking out won't look great either. Just try to salvage the situation as best as you can. Though, it's only been a few weeks, I suppose if it does go tits up you could conveniently omit the role from your CV :flute:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by RichPiana
So what actually happened between you and your supervisor?

I'm not even sure if I made a mistake. There was a discrepancy with a client with a language barrier. I did the procedure correctly but the client didn't like the price. I was handling it. But the supervisor made a big deal out of it!! And got everyone involved by making a scene. They do this too much! Held everyone up. This situation took 30 minutes to clear up. That's all this supervisor does. I won't go into details but I'm guessing the supervisor realised how ****ing unprofessional they are! So before I could wise up and report them, as I had implied I would by saying "you are making bad comments about me. Well I can report, too." They said good night but then I saw them chatting to an HR rep. Maybe I should've waited at the door, walked in, said my peace, before, during or after the supervisor did?? But I didn't want to make a stink. But now I'm certain because of the show the supervisor put on, that people asked "what happened" and they will ***** about me to almost everyone who breathes near them, which will get other supervisors and staff with them, even lowly associates, so that when I return from my day off it will be a hostile atmosphere for me. Or they will put it to rest just by terminating me, or at the very least a write up. I honestly don't know what it is, but based on what people say I intimidate them. Not from a personality scared of me thing. But that I'm more capable or something and so they don't know how to delegate to me. That's on them. But enough people ***** it will start to count. Meanwhile it's just s handful of people. Everything else has been going swimmingly.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Best thing you can do mate is just see how it plays out. Hopefully you can convince your manager it's something you regret and know you shouldn't have done and it won't happen again. Don't wanna be getting a track record for getting the sack, and walking out won't look great either. Just try to salvage the situation as best as you can. Though, it's only been a few weeks, I suppose if it does go tits up you could conveniently omit the role from your CV :flute:

It was going so well. Everything from my former job that I cocked up, I aced here: punctuality, teamwork, being friendly. Now I'm having one single supervisor ***** at me while the other *****es about me, to HR, and fellow associates. These people say they have to pee in front of customers. This is what I'm dealing with.
I didn't wanna be a snitch but **** it. I have so much to say to HR. I've been avoiding it but if I get a write up or the sack altogether, I'm doing what I have to do.
I'm not even sure if I made a mistake. There was a discrepancy with a client with a language barrier. I did the procedure correctly but the client didn't like the price. I was handling it. But the supervisor made a big deal out of it!! And got everyone involved by making a scene. They do this too much! Held everyone up. This situation took 30 minutes to clear up. That's all this supervisor does. I won't go into details but I'm guessing the supervisor realised how ****ing unprofessional they are! So before I could wise up and report them, as I had implied I would by saying "you are making bad comments about me. Well I can report, too." They said good night but then I saw them chatting to an HR rep. Maybe I should've waited at the door, walked in, said my peace, before, during or after the supervisor did?? But I didn't want to make a stink. But now I'm certain because of the show the supervisor put on, that people asked "what happened" and they will ***** about me to almost everyone who breathes near them, which will get other supervisors and staff with them, even lowly associates, so that when I return from my day off it will be a hostile atmosphere for me. Or they will put it to rest just by terminating me, or at the very least a write up. I honestly don't know what it is, but based on what people say I intimidate them. Not from a personality scared of me thing. But that I'm more capable or something and so they don't know how to delegate to me. That's on them. But enough people ***** it will start to count. Meanwhile it's just s handful of people. Everything else has been going swimmingly.

Well if HR do decide to terminate your contract report your supervisor and then appeal the decision. Don’t do anything unless they elaborate further on the incident thought.
Original post by RichPiana
Well if HR do decide to terminate your contract report your supervisor and then appeal the decision. Don’t do anything unless they elaborate further on the incident thought.

Well..I just emailed my heart out to someone in HR. I'm not sure how it will go but..I do feel a bit better. That, even if it isn't received well, at least they'll have my side of the situation and it'll be on THEIR heads what to do. It's my weekend off, I can't waste it holding it all in worried sick so. Now I feel better. Now it really is whatever happens, happens.
Original post by 999tigger
There are better ways to cover your back and complain. You need to keep your cool and if needed look for somewhere else.

Yea I am looking, thanks
If you are repeatedly getting sacked from jobs because you are getting in arguments, you need to recognise you are at fault, learn to get a grip of your emotions, and grow up.
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
If you are repeatedly getting sacked from jobs because you are getting in arguments, you need to recognise you are at fault, learn to get a grip of your emotions, and grow up.

Next time actually read what happened instead of going for reps with ignorant punchlines. Feel victorious writing something nasty at this hour??

And first off, I got sacked from the other one because of a lie. Not my emotions. I've let that one go.

This time, I haven't even been sacked, GENIUS. I am just ranting on here about the supervisor *****ing about.. what's that thing everyone does? Oh yes. Mistakes.
It’s not your fault. Ignore the other user. The supervisor shouldn’t have embarrassed you like that in front of everyone while you were making a sale. If they had an issue, the right thing would’ve been to take you aside after the sale and coach you through what they had an issue with, in a polite and respectful manner.

Just try and relax on your days off and it will blow over within a couple of days. Then you should speak to your supervisor or someone above how you are feeling.

And congrats for getting a job :hugs:
Next time actually read what happened instead of going for reps with ignorant punchlines. Feel victorious writing something nasty at this hour??

And first off, I got sacked from the other one because of a lie. Not my emotions. I've let that one go.

This time, I haven't even been sacked, GENIUS. I am just ranting on here about the supervisor *****ing about.. what's that thing everyone does? Oh yes. Mistakes.
If it helps OP I'm also in **** at the moment. My boss asked me to do something I wasn't trained to do which led to a fire the following day. The company are now trying to pin it on me and I'm going to be put through a disciplinary. Luckily I'm leaving next week but it's still horrendous.
Similar thing happened to me in my last job and I got terminated. My new job is amazing. Everything happens for a reason.
Original post by bones-mccoy
If it helps OP I'm also in **** at the moment. My boss asked me to do something I wasn't trained to do which led to a fire the following day. The company are now trying to pin it on me and I'm going to be put through a disciplinary. Luckily I'm leaving next week but it's still horrendous.
Original post by Fermion.
Similar thing happened to me in my last job and I got terminated. My new job is amazing. Everything happens for a reason.

Absolutely. I'm starting a Masters in September anyway so it's onwards and upwards really.
Original post by Fermion.
It’s not your fault. Ignore the other user. The supervisor shouldn’t have embarrassed you like that in front of everyone while you were making a sale. If they had an issue, the right thing would’ve been to take you aside after the sale and coach you through what they had an issue with, in a polite and respectful manner.

Just try and relax on your days off and it will blow over within a couple of days. Then you should speak to your supervisor or someone above how you are feeling.

And congrats for getting a job :hugs:

Thanks babe but I don't do sales.

I do picking and receiving/shipment, and overnight replenishment for a superstore. I also deal with going to the floor periodically to find products for inventory purposes, or online order picking for customers. A customer was Turkish with a severe language barrier so the supervisor stepped in. He wanted to return something that I thought he wanted to purchase and I gave it to the associate for him to ring up. He started fussing apparently for a half hour lol but he got his refund...I still think he wanted it, but in the end didn't like the amount. The supervisor came to get me because they got themselves involved and made a mess of it and I'm like what...and yh confronted me in front of others and I manage to control myself but I'm livid so I emailed the HR who the supervisor went to right after our "chat". I dunno how it'll go at this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending