The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Transfer from loughborough to liverpool uni

Im thinking of transferring from Loughborough to Liverpool, any thoughts? I never really planned on going to loughborough but ended up doing so, had I visited before deciding to go there I wouldve never gone. I find Loughborough a dead end and quite a bubble which im not a fan of and I would much prefer to live in a city, I hope liverpool is the place for me
Original post by Anonymous
I hope liverpool is the place for me

This ^^^^ is an issue

I would suggest you confirm that, before making any serious changes to your studies involving transferring. It's quite possible you won't be able to "transfer" but may need to start from year one again. If you've studied at university for more than one year, this could adversely affect your finances, as you may need to self fund one or more years. You should be absolutely certain before making any decisions.

You should first of all verify whether Liverpool is going to be any different of an environment, realistically, compared to where you are now. You don't want to go through all that trouble and just find the same problems come up again, just in a different location. If you are certain - and not just hoping - that it will be an improvement which will make a difference in your academic attainment, then you should contact the university in question to determine whether they will entertain a transfer or require you to start in year one again.

In either case, you should also check with Student Finance England to see whether your entitlement will cover the full length of the course you are changing to (be sure to specify the year of entry, i.e. year one entry or year two entry, to make it clear). Provided that's all done, you will normally need to apply through UCAS as normal, either through clearing in the upcoming months, or in next year's application cycle (which would entail taking a year out).
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
I will only be changing only if I am allowed to transfer into 2nd year and liverpool has said that I can, given that I get good first year results
Original post by artful_lounger
This ^^^^ is an issue

I would suggest you confirm that, before making any serious changes to your studies involving transferring. It's quite possible you won't be able to "transfer" but may need to start from year one again. If you've studied at university for more than one year, this could adversely affect your finances, as you may need to self fund one or more years. You should be absolutely certain before making any decisions.

You should first of all verify whether Liverpool is going to be any different of an environment, realistically, compared to where you are now. You don't want to go through all that trouble and just find the same problems come up again, just in a different location. If you are certain - and not just hoping - that it will be an improvement which will make a difference in your academic attainment, then you should contact the university in question to determine whether they will entertain a transfer or require you to start in year one again.

In either case, you should also check with Student Finance England to see whether your entitlement will cover the full length of the course you are changing to (be sure to specify the year of entry, i.e. year one entry or year two entry, to make it clear). Provided that's all done, you will normally need to apply through UCAS as normal, either through clearing in the upcoming months, or in next year's application cycle (which would entail taking a year out).
Original post by Anonymous
I will only be changing only if I am allowed to transfer into 2nd year and liverpool has said that I can, given that I get good first year results

Don't you have your first year results yet?
Reply 4
I just got them today, I got 56.4 but needed 60% to transfer lol. I will email them and see what happens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending