The Student Room Group

Raf brtc

I've recently finished my 10 weeks of BRTC and am willing to try and answer any questions that anyone might have regarding the process leading up to it or the training itself
HiMy son is in the process of his application for aircraft technician (mechanical). Recently passed his fitness test first time. He said he’s had a phone call from afco saying that’s him completed the process but realistically he won’t start until next year and they’ll call him in a few months. Is this normal to wait this long for his basic training? Also I thought he would have to do the pre recruit training course first.Any insight would be great.
Reply 2
Original post by Surreymum
HiMy son is in the process of his application for aircraft technician (mechanical). Recently passed his fitness test first time. He said he’s had a phone call from afco saying that’s him completed the process but realistically he won’t start until next year and they’ll call him in a few months. Is this normal to wait this long for his basic training? Also I thought he would have to do the pre recruit training course first.Any insight would be great.

Pretty standard these days, yes. It's based on when there's next availability on his phase 2 training.

Yes, that will happen, but it's not strictly part of the selection, and there's no point going on it until he has a date for RTC.
Thank you Drewski for taking the time to reply. I feel more reassured as there was a real flurry of activity since he sat his Airman Test and now I felt it suddenly stopped. In fairness they offered him the chance to change his option in order to start earlier but he stuck to his original first choice. It’s obviously a popular course. Thank you again I do appreciate your reply.
Original post by Drewski
Pretty standard these days, yes. It's based on when there's next availability on his phase 2 training.

Yes, that will happen, but it's not strictly part of the selection, and there's no point going on it until he has a date for RTC.

Quick Reply

Latest