as level physics help

Watch this thread
shah kaivan
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
recently i performed a as level physics practical but joining the components together was were hard, i could not do it. so please provide me some tips on it. there is a diagram given and we have to join the components according to it.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shah kaivan)
recently i performed a as level physics practical but joining the components together was were hard, i could not do it. so please provide me some tips on it. there is a diagram given and we have to join the components according to it.
You need to give some context and a bit of technical detail if you want useful advice. What was the experiment, what were the componets, how were you trying to join them etc.
shah kaivan
Rep:
there was one variable resister
shah kaivan
Rep:
one battery
one wooden scale with a metal wire
one 10 ohm resister
one x component
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shah kaivan)
one battery
one wooden scale with a metal wire
one 10 ohm resister
one x component
Ok, so its an electronics problem, that helps. What does the practical ask you to do (e.g. determine the resistance of the unknown component ?) and are you given any measuring equipment (volt meter, ammeter etc) and something to put it all together with (breadboard ?).

As a starting point - DONT - build anything to begin with, sketch out a circuit design on a bit of paper first, its a much faster way of getting your thoughts in order. Then start building to your circuit design and test if it works as you expect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.7%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
23.91%

Watched Threads