The Student Room Group

Bank details

Hello,
I am applying for a student loan and it seems like I don't need to have a UK bank account to do it, however it requires me to have a Sort Code. As I have an Italian bank account, I don't have a Sort Code, but a Swift Code (8 letters long).
Do I need to set up a UK account?
Thank you,

Lucrezia
Original post by LuMarca
Hello,
I am applying for a student loan and it seems like I don't need to have a UK bank account to do it, however it requires me to have a Sort Code. As I have an Italian bank account, I don't have a Sort Code, but a Swift Code (8 letters long).
Do I need to set up a UK account?
Thank you,

Lucrezia

yes i believe you do need a uk account
Hi LuMarca,

Yes, you will need a UK bank account in order to receive funding from us. Are you applying for Tuition Fee Loan only, Maintenance Loan or the Postgraduate Loan?

Thanks, Tégan
Reply 3
Hi!

I'm applying for a Postgraduate Loan.
Do I need to set up a UK bank account to apply for the loan or can I open it after receiving a positive response?

Thank you!
Original post by SFE Tegan
Hi LuMarca,

Yes, you will need a UK bank account in order to receive funding from us. Are you applying for Tuition Fee Loan only, Maintenance Loan or the Postgraduate Loan?

Thanks, Tégan
Thanks,

We would need UK bank details for you to receive the funding. Without these we would still be able to assess your application however we won't be able to pay you.

Warm regards, Tégan
Original post by LuMarca
Hi!

I'm applying for a Postgraduate Loan.
Do I need to set up a UK bank account to apply for the loan or can I open it after receiving a positive response?

Thank you!
Reply 5
Thank you very much!
I have one more question, can I use a PayPal account?

Kind regards,
Lucrezia
Original post by SFE Tegan
Thanks,

We would need UK bank details for you to receive the funding. Without these we would still be able to assess your application however we won't be able to pay you.

Warm regards, Tégan
Hi,
As far as I'm aware Paypal are not registered as a UK bank and won't be able to provide an account number or sort code. You can set up a UK bank account once you arrive in the UK.
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by LuMarca
Thank you very much!
I have one more question, can I use a PayPal account?

Kind regards,
Lucrezia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending