The Student Room Group

17 year old, Golf R insurance temp

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay010
There annual quote was £9300, Just more bearly half of what I was quoted from other companies

Seems like your only option then but you could buy another car and insure it for less than that, I would honestly just do that and wait until you're more experienced. The Golf R is no joke of a car (I'm guessing its the MK7). Not to be rude but if I knew there was a 17 year old behind the wheel in one on the road I was using I'd just park up and wait til you got a good few miles way from me.
Reply 21
Original post by RoyalSheepy
You crash, you're ****ed put it that way.

Try veygo, they're pricey for more than a week's worth of insurance, but I think they're one of the only temp insurer which will insure a 17 year old IIRC.

Yes but they do not allow Fleet insurance as the main policy same with Traders insurance.
Reply 22
haha, I've been driving since young. Always been the one to take down the cars to the petrol station before it goes on a job, Let it be a golf r or a Lamborghini, Ill be the one behind the wheel topping up the petrol.
Original post by TajwarC
Seems like your only option then but you could buy another car and insure it for less than that, I would honestly just do that and wait until you're more experienced. The Golf R is no joke of a car (I'm guessing its the MK7). Not to be rude but if I knew there was a 17 year old behind the wheel in one on the road I was using I'd just park up and wait til you got a good few miles way from me.
Reply 23
Original post by Jay010
haha, I've been driving since young. Always been the one to take down the cars to the petrol station before it goes on a job, Let it be a golf r or a Lamborghini, Ill be the one behind the wheel topping up the petrol.

Congratulations on openly admitting on a publicly accessible bulletin board that you've broken the law regularly.
Reply 24
Original post by IWMTom
Congratulations on openly admitting on a publicly accessible bulletin board that you've broken the law regularly.

I had L plates on back no need to worry mate!
Reply 25
Original post by Jay010
I had L plates on back no need to worry mate!

"Since young" implies a bit longer than a few months ago...

I find it hard to believe you now.
Original post by Jay010
Yes but they do not allow Fleet insurance as the main policy same with Traders insurance.

Tough luck then, buy a bike.
Reply 27
Already got one, A motorbike in fact. Now i want a car!

Original post by RoyalSheepy
Tough luck then, buy a bike.
Reply 28
Got annually insured fully comp for 7500 a year done with a private insurance company.
Original post by Jay010
Got annually insured fully comp for 7500 a year done with a private insurance company.

Can you pm me the name of the company?? I'm being forced to buy a new car since the quote for the A3 I want to get insured on is greater than a maximum value which LV told me means I can't get the quote or some bs like that.
Reply 30
Original post by UrBusted
Can you pm me the name of the company?? I'm being forced to buy a new car since the quote for the A3 I want to get insured on is greater than a maximum value which LV told me means I can't get the quote or some bs like that.

I done it privately through a insurance company that our rental company uses

Quick Reply

Latest