The Student Room Group

What is the greatest city not to be a capital city?

I would say either Birmingham or Sydney

Scroll to see replies

Istanbul :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by FemaleinDress
I would say either Birmingham or Sydney

For our country, definitely Glasgow.
NYC, easy.
Toronto
Original post by joe goldberg
Toronto

Yo butt
Reply 6
Original post by Strelzo
For our country, definitely Glasgow.

Agreed, practically everyone’s from Glasgow and Edinburgh has got some good points to it but Glasgow is always gonna be better 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Hong Kong
Most of the Cities are the largest but not a capital city.
According to Worldatlas Website: Shanghai, Mumbai, Sydney and more. These are the largest cities in his Countries but it's not a Capital Cities.
Lol at Birminghham.:toofunny:
Singapore then Dubai.
Does St Petersburg count?
Fukuoka
Sydney
Original post by mel_music
Istanbul :smile:

you mean Constantinople
I think it is Cork in Ireland, but maybe this is why it is also so nice because it isn't a capital city with the classical city center etc. Maybe in Germany it is Cologne or Frankfurt? In the case of Spain it would be Barcelona
Original post by RomainNeedsHelp
I think it is Cork in Ireland, but maybe this is why it is also so nice because it isn't a capital city with the classical city center etc. Maybe in Germany it is Cologne or Frankfurt? In the case of Spain it would be Barcelona

Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia which is effectively a seperate entity from spain culturally
Almaty should be the capital of Kazakhstan, not Astana/Nur-Sultan.
Original post by kali8603
Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia which is effectively a seperate entity from spain culturally

Actually you are right about this. Of course I was hypothetically referring to the entirety of Spain : )
Original post by ericl3ung
Singapore then Dubai.

Singapore is literally a city state and is technically a capital city.

Quick Reply

Latest