The Student Room Group

Unsure how suited I am for a Law with Management degree

I have just finished sixth form with a DDD in BTEC Business, and I have been interested in a degree called Law With Management at Aston University. I am interested in it as it is described as being Law linked with Business. I am just unsure whether the lack of a background in Law as a subject will put me in a disadvantage, or if it would mean the degree would be more difficult for me.
With my course at Sixth Form being business based I already have a knowledge of business as a topic, it is just the law part of the degree I am unsure about.
Reply 1
Original post by Konrad.Mocek
I have just finished sixth form with a DDD in BTEC Business, and I have been interested in a degree called Law With Management at Aston University. I am interested in it as it is described as being Law linked with Business. I am just unsure whether the lack of a background in Law as a subject will put me in a disadvantage, or if it would mean the degree would be more difficult for me.
With my course at Sixth Form being business based I already have a knowledge of business as a topic, it is just the law part of the degree I am unsure about.

No. Modules are delivered on the assumption that you have no previous knowledge of the subject matter.
As above, most people who begin Law degrees have no prior knowledge of academic Law, it’s just a subject or career that interests them
Original post by Konrad.Mocek

Hi,

We have had a number of BTEC students without a law background join our Law courses. No prior background in law is required, the only thing to worry about is meeting the entry requirements.

All of our courses and most university courses for that matter have their first year designed to bring everyone up to speed as our students will have taken a wide range of qualifications before joining the university, all with different syllabuses.

Hope that gives you a little more reassurance.

Any questions just give me a shout.
Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending