The Student Room Group

My crush asked for a hug

I posted similar yesterday but people replied telling me to make my mind up so hoping will have more better replies

So I met him in year 7 but we weren't close until the end of the year were he always would sit by me. We went into year 8 and had most classes together and we would sit together whenever we could. Now I really like him

He's the first boy I've liked. On Monday my friend (who my crush hates) asked if he liked me and my crush said no. On Tuesday he asked me out as a joke I said yes and then I said I was joking as well and I liked someone. My crush asked who and I said I wasn't going to tell him because he would shout ito out on the bus. I then said I never liked him because he said it surprisingly wasn't him he went in a mood with me then and wouldn't speak to me the rest of the bus journey (it was afterschool)
Wednesday he said it was pissing him off because I wouldn't tell him. I asked him why he went in a mood with me yesterday when I said I never liked him and I asked if he ever like me he said it made him sad and he never liked me and to him Thursday afterschool as it's the last day before summer

So yesterday was the last day and and he sat by me as usual and asked me for a hug I asked my friend (in year 12) if I said hug him and he nodded to her. I hugged hI'm once but he said it was a bad hug so we hugged again. I was going to tell him on instagram but he got with his ex yesterday. But before they were not together long. He has never asked for a hug before.

Ps yesterday was last day of year 8 and we are 13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply to what? All you've done is make statements.

I could have guessed your ages from what you wrote. The pair of you have sulked and played silly games, he's with his ex, you've missed your chance. Lesson learned. What more do you need to be told?
Reply 2
Original post by Anon2049
I posted similar yesterday but people replied telling me to make my mind up so hoping will have more better replies

So I met him in year 7 but we weren't close until the end of the year were he always would sit by me. We went into year 8 and had most classes together and we would sit together whenever we could. Now I really like him

He's the first boy I've liked. On Monday my friend (who my crush hates) asked if he liked me and my crush said no. On Tuesday he asked me out as a joke I said yes and then I said I was joking as well and I liked someone. My crush asked who and I said I wasn't going to tell him because he would shout ito out on the bus. I then said I never liked him because he said it surprisingly wasn't him he went in a mood with me then and wouldn't speak to me the rest of the bus journey (it was afterschool)
Wednesday he said it was pissing him off because I wouldn't tell him. I asked him why he went in a mood with me yesterday when I said I never liked him and I asked if he ever like me he said it made him sad and he never liked me and to him Thursday afterschool as it's the last day before summer

So yesterday was the last day and and he sat by me as usual and asked me for a hug I asked my friend (in year 12) if I said hug him and he nodded to her. I hugged hI'm once but he said it was a bad hug so we hugged again. I was going to tell him on instagram but he got with his ex yesterday. But before they were not together long. He has never asked for a hug before.

Ps yesterday was last day of year 8 and we are 13

Too long; didn't read.

Did you hug him?
When you hug him, you should put your hands down his pants then rip it off. Then get naked and **** him
Idk what you wanted us to say
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
Too long; didn't read.

Did you hug him?

Yes we hugged. I asked my friend who is older than us (year 12) and he nodded to her. We have never hugged before

I meant to have put what should I do
Original post by Surnia
Reply to what? All you've done is make statements.

I could have guessed your ages from what you wrote. The pair of you have sulked and played silly games, he's with his ex, you've missed your chance. Lesson learned. What more do you need to be told?
Year 8 relationships never mean anything...
Reply 6
We are basically year 9 now as schools over.

I can't help how I feel. I tried to get over him when he got with a girl a few months ago but it's hard. We get the same bus at the same bus stop and we have lessons together. He also talks to me and I can't ignore him because we are friends.

And changing buses or bus stops isn't an option
Reply 7
I meant to have asked what should I do? Should I tell him that I like him?
Reply 8
Anyone
Anyone

Oof you just got aired
Answer is no
But I didn’t read anything above so idk what you’re talking about
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Oof you just got aired
Answer is no
But I didn’t read anything above so idk what you’re talking about

Above I asked what should I do? Should I tell him I like him
I say just tell him. Once you get older you will discover you only regret what you didn’t go for. Maybe even write him a note of your feelings if it’s to hard to do face to face. You will only get closer if you act on this as it’s obviously hurting/bothering you. Nothing to lose, and we all get over things so don’t worry if it isn’t the answer you are looking for. Plenty more fish in the sea as you are young and have a full life ahead of you.
Also, make sure he breaks up with his gf if he has feelings back for you.
You can only tell him how you feel but the rest is up to him.
Hugs are meaningless. They don't indicate romantic interest.
Original post by sinfonietta
Hugs are meaningless. They don't indicate romantic interest.

When you are young it does mean something, however insignificant it is to us. Plus surely one thing maturing has taught us, is you have to start at the bottom to learn how to deal/cope with emotions. I don’t think being hard on adolescents and telling them they are being silly for getting it wrong is particularly healthy.
Reply 14

Yes. Tell him.
Reply 15
Stopped reading after the second sentence when you decided to give up on making sense.

But anyways, I met someone yesterday for the first time at work and once we finished our shift, she gave a hug. It's not a big deal buddy and not something you should be waiting years for :rofl:

Sure but idk the context
Reply 17
I meant to have asked what should I do? Should I tell him that I like him?

I've told you what to do; learn your lesson and next time don't play silly games. Emphasis on next time. You missed your opportunity with your crush, and he's with someone else. Leave him to it and don't start trying to get between him and this other girl by telling him now that you like him.
He said he wasn’t interested in you right from the start. I think he only wanted you to hug him to feed his own ego.

Time to let go of him.
Reply 19
I don't want to ruin his relationship. But if I told him I liked him I don't want to ruin our friendship (hes my one of my only friends from our year).
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending