The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Applying to two courses at Durham

I might apply to both the Natural Sciences and the Biosciences degree. Is this a bad idea and will it disadvantage me? I've heard some unis have policies against giving students two offers.
Reply 1
Are they within the same department? If so I seriously doubt they would give you two offers. If they're in separate departments, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I know of someone who applied for both geography (bsc not ba) and geology at Durham for this year's entry, got offers for both and was able to firm and insure those two courses. The only thing "bad" that happened was that she got her college prefence for the course she insured and not the one she firned. That's it really so op may be fine.
Original post by Sinnoh
Are they within the same department? If so I seriously doubt they would give you two offers. If they're in separate departments, then there shouldn't be a problem.
My daughter applied for 2 similar humanties courses and got offers for both and has now got them as her firm and insurance. I think applying to more than one course shows that you are v seriously considering them.
My daughter applied for those two courses back in 2009. She got the standard offers from both and was offered her first choice college for both. She did Natural Sciences with mostly Biochemistry courses.
Original post by ta225
I might apply to both the Natural Sciences and the Biosciences degree. Is this a bad idea and will it disadvantage me? I've heard some unis have policies against giving students two offers.
Reply 5
Original post by Sinnoh

No, different departments I think.
Original post by Kali.kb
I know of someone who applied for both geography (bsc not ba) and geology at Durham for this year's entry, got offers for both and was able to firm and insure those two courses. The only thing "bad" that happened was that she got her college prefence for the course she insured and not the one she firned. That's it really so op may be fine.

Original post by Anonymous
My daughter applied for 2 similar humanties courses and got offers for both and has now got them as her firm and insurance. I think applying to more than one course shows that you are v seriously considering them.

Original post by tiny hobbit
My daughter applied for those two courses back in 2009. She got the standard offers from both and was offered her first choice college for both. She did Natural Sciences with mostly Biochemistry courses.

Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest