The Student Room Group

Is it bad?

I recently was in a relationship with a guy (Boy A) for 5 months but I decided to break up with him because I felt unhappy and not myself. However, when I had a call from my friend (Boy B), he made realise I was unhappy but that I liked him. Ik it’s bad but I didn’t do anything with B. We just liked each other so I decided to break it off because I didn’t want to feel like I was leading A on and lie to him and myself. B hasn’t done anything with me expect talk since he wanted to give me space and time - due to me breaking up with my lad - but I really like him so would it bad if I went on a date with him a month from now? Ik it would be fast but he’s coming all the way from the south (I live in the north) to meet me. I told him it’s be fine if he didn’t but he disagreed because he promised me that he would put effort into seeing me. I just feel bad if this would make A feel **** or what if it’s not the right time.

Summary: I broke up with my ex (A) and I really like this new guy (B), who treats me very well and makes me happy. I’m going to see B in a month - is it too fast after a breakup?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by PetitePanda
I recently was in a relationship with a guy for 5 months but I decided to break up with him because I felt unhappy and not myself. However, when I had a call from my friend, he made realise I was unhappy but that I liked him. Ik it’s bad but I didn’t do anything with him. We just liked each other so I decided to break it off because I didn’t want to feel like I was leading my ex on and lie to him and myself. He hasn’t done anything with me expect talk since he wanted to give me space and time - due to me breaking up with my lad - but I really like him so would it bad if I went on a date with him a month from now? Ik it would be fast but he’s coming all the way from the south (I live in the north) to meet me. I told him it’s be fine if he didn’t but he disagreed because he promised me that he would put effort into seeing me. I just feel bad if this would make my ex feel **** or what if it’s not the right time.

Summary: I broke up with my ex and I really like this new guy, who treats me very well and makes me happy. I’m going to see him in a month - is it too fast after a breakup?

No its not too fast if you feel you're in a good place to give it a try.
I recently was in a relationship with a guy for 5 months but I decided to break up with him because I felt unhappy and not myself. However, when I had a call from my friend, he made realise I was unhappy but that I liked him. Ik it’s bad but I didn’t do anything with him. We just liked each other so I decided to break it off because I didn’t want to feel like I was leading my ex on and lie to him and myself. He hasn’t done anything with me expect talk since he wanted to give me space and time - due to me breaking up with my lad - but I really like him so would it bad if I went on a date with him a month from now? Ik it would be fast but he’s coming all the way from the south (I live in the north) to meet me. I told him it’s be fine if he didn’t but he disagreed because he promised me that he would put effort into seeing me. I just feel bad if this would make my ex feel **** or what if it’s not the right time.

Summary: I broke up with my ex and I really like this new guy, who treats me very well and makes me happy. I’m going to see him in a month - is it too fast after a breakup?

The summary is much better because its hard to track whether you are talking about boy A or boy B.
It is fine. Boy A made you unhappy. You split. You are ok that you made the right decision in splitting up? How did boy A take it?

In any event as long as boy B gave you good advice, then you are no longer with A for good reason and theres no problem in seeing B. You need to be sure that B did get you to split with A for their own reasons.
Original post by claireestelle
No its not too fast if you feel you're in a good place to give it a try.

Thank you so much. How long would you say would be okay if we went official? Because I feel like he wouldn’t mind if we did but only when it’s up to me
Thank you so much. How long would you say would be okay if we went official? Because I feel like he wouldn’t mind if we did but only when it’s up to me

its up to you really, relationships can work out really well when its not been long since your last one. Less than three months after i broke up with an ex, i met my now husband and we've been together over 5.5 years :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
The summary is much better because its hard to track whether you are talking about boy A or boy B.
It is fine. Boy A made you unhappy. You split. You are ok that you made the right decision in splitting up? How did boy A take it?

In any event as long as boy B gave you good advice, then you are no longer with A for good reason and theres no problem in seeing B. You need to be sure that B did get you to split with A for their own reasons.

Ohh I’ll try to change the summary a bit. Yes I’m okay with making the right decision - I made my mind up and I’m gonna stick with it. Not very well at first but he says he’s accepted it but he kind of clearly but also subtly references what I thought were problems of our relationship and continued to blame it on himself so I’m worried.

He didn’t mind what I did as long as I was happy. Ik the break up was upsetting for me but it would’ve been better for me in the long run but Boy B was upset whenever I was upset because he felt he put this situation onto me. But ik Boy B likes me and just wants the best for me no matter what choice I had made.
Original post by claireestelle
its up to you really, relationships can work out really well when its not been long since your last one. Less than three months after i broke up with an ex, i met my now husband and we've been together over 5.5 years :smile:

Thank you so much. Awww that’s so cute and such a wonderful meeting. Thank you honestly
Thank you so much. Awww that’s so cute and such a wonderful meeting. Thank you honestly

glad to help :smile:
I recently was in a relationship with a guy (Boy A) for 5 months but I decided to break up with him because I felt unhappy and not myself. However, when I had a call from my friend (Boy B), he made realise I was unhappy but that I liked him. Ik it’s bad but I didn’t do anything with B. We just liked each other so I decided to break it off because I didn’t want to feel like I was leading A on and lie to him and myself. B hasn’t done anything with me expect talk since he wanted to give me space and time - due to me breaking up with my lad - but I really like him so would it bad if I went on a date with him a month from now? Ik it would be fast but he’s coming all the way from the south (I live in the north) to meet me. I told him it’s be fine if he didn’t but he disagreed because he promised me that he would put effort into seeing me. I just feel bad if this would make A feel **** or what if it’s not the right time.

Summary: I broke up with my ex (A) and I really like this new guy (B), who treats me very well and makes me happy. I’m going to see B in a month - is it too fast after a breakup?

There is no rules on when you can start a new relationship after ending one. It's your life so make sure you live it how you want. At the end of the day 'A' is your ex... Do what makes you happy
Ohh I’ll try to change the summary a bit. Yes I’m okay with making the right decision - I made my mind up and I’m gonna stick with it. Not very well at first but he says he’s accepted it but he kind of clearly but also subtly references what I thought were problems of our relationship and continued to blame it on himself so I’m worried.

He didn’t mind what I did as long as I was happy. Ik the break up was upsetting for me but it would’ve been better for me in the long run but Boy B was upset whenever I was upset because he felt he put this situation onto me. But ik Boy B likes me and just wants the best for me no matter what choice I had made.

You are overcomplicating.
You made a decision for what you believe were the right reasons.
You broke it off.
You are free to make your own choices once single.
Original post by Tawny007
There is no rules on when you can start a new relationship after ending one. It's your life so make sure you live it how you want. At the end of the day 'A' is your ex... Do what makes you happy

That’s true. Thank you so much
Original post by 999tigger
You are overcomplicating.
You made a decision for what you believe were the right reasons.
You broke it off.
You are free to make your own choices once single.

Yeah you’re right. Thank youuuuu so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending