Anyone that’s graduated/ in uni Watch

louisee88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I was just wondering once you graduate and you work hard for your 2:1 maybe even a first, do employers look at your A levels and still judge you on that? I can’t wait to start uni in September however I fear my A levels may hold me back once I graduate. Do employers care? Thank you for any help given !!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by louisee88)
So I was just wondering once you graduate and you work hard for your 2:1 maybe even a first, do employers look at your A levels and still judge you on that? I can’t wait to start uni in September however I fear my A levels may hold me back once I graduate. Do employers care? Thank you for any help given !!
A few employers care in a few very competitive sectors. Mostly they don't.
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some employers in some sectors do. Not the majority and it’s becoming very much less common.
Perksy121
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah, my A levels are pretty sub-par. Hasn’t held me back 😊 working a pretty decent job in the city now.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In the majority of sectors work experience and well written applications followed up with strong interview performance matter far more.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some grad schemes use A-levels as a filter, and some competitive employers will look at A-levels too. If you go into education, your A-levels may also be relevant.

But for most jobs, your A-levels won't matter. It doesn't sound like you have much work experience though? A lack of work experience is more likely to be a problem than poor A-levels.
louisee88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Some grad schemes use A-levels as a filter, and some competitive employers will look at A-levels too. If you go into education, your A-levels may also be relevant.

But for most jobs, your A-levels won't matter. It doesn't sound like you have much work experience though? A lack of work experience is more likely to be a problem than poor A-levels.
Can’t really have work experience if I haven’t started uni yet? Going to try and get all the experience I can get when I move though
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can’t really have work experience if I haven’t started uni yet? Going to try and get all the experience I can get when I move though
Your post doesn't specify how old you are or what stage of your education you're at. Although FWIW, a lot of people will have some kind of work experience on their CV already.
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
for some grad jobs, yes. for most, no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.71%