The Student Room Group

omg My crush (gay) asked me out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi y'all so for sometime I've (17M) been staring at this boy (17M) in my class I've never really talked to him but he asked me out I don't know how he figured out im gay but he asked for my number and we texted for days and he asked me out to go to the mall and watch a movie and stuff. He said it was a date (im literally dying of happiness right now) But im really nervous and scared because I got social anxiety and I'm an introvert and I'm the quiet kid in the class and I don't really know how to talk to him. Yes ive texted him but its really difficult for me to come up with a proper sentence when im talking and, I'm not that funny when talking to people. Basically its really hard for me to come up with a sentence out of nowhere

so can you guys tell me any tips on managing this im scared he's not gonna like me :frown:((((
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hahaa congratz
thank you :smile:
Original post by xxlaila03xx
Hahaa congratz
Reply 3
Conversation will come naturally, don’t over think it right now. Good luck :smile:xx
Thank you! Im scared that he's gonna think its awkward silence when we don't talk. I sometimes actually prefer doing an activity without talking but I'm scared he's gonna think its awkward. Should I talk to him about this?
Original post by Megxn0
Conversation will come naturally, don’t over think it right now. Good luck :smile:xx
Reply 5
Original post by Revision Boiii
Thank you! Im scared that he's gonna think its awkward silence when we don't talk. I sometimes actually prefer doing an activity without talking but I'm scared he's gonna think its awkward. Should I talk to him about this?

If you go to watch a movie, there’ll be loads to talk about. Don’t worry if your not conversing every second! I’m sure he’ll just think you’re nervous maybe? He might be feeling the same way. You can talk to him about it if you want, but I really don’t think it’s a big deal, it’s normal to feel nervous!
Thats a good point! Thank you so much for your help! :h::hugs:Hopefully it goes well haha
Original post by Megxn0
If you go to watch a movie, there’ll be loads to talk about. Don’t worry if your not conversing every second! I’m sure he’ll just think you’re nervous maybe? He might be feeling the same way. You can talk to him about it if you want, but I really don’t think it’s a big deal, it’s normal to feel nervous!
Reply 7
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hehehe indeed Im so happy :woo:
Original post by Your Local Cat
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 9
Thats a good point! Thank you so much for your help! :h::hugs:Hopefully it goes well haha

You’re welcome!! Let us know how it goes
Ill update you hehe Its on Wednesday :wink:
Original post by Megxn0
You’re welcome!! Let us know how it goes
Give his bootay a smack as you walk into the cinema, it will show confidence.
:lol: I might do that if we get on very well :colondollar::ahee::teehee:
Original post by DanSmith572
Give his bootay a smack as you walk into the cinema, it will show confidence.
hope the date goes well!:h: what are you hoping to watch at the cinema?
Hi y'all so for sometime I've (17M) been staring at this boy (17M) in my class I've never really talked to him but he asked me out I don't know how he figured out im gay but he asked for my number and we texted for days and he asked me out to go to the mall and watch a movie and stuff. He said it was a date (im literally dying of happiness right now) But im really nervous and scared because I got social anxiety and I'm an introvert and I'm the quite kid in the class and I don't really know how to talk to him. Yes ive texted him but its really difficult for me to come up with a proper sentence when im talking and, I'm not that funny when talking to people. Basically its really hard for me to come up with a sentence out of nowhere

so can you guys tell me any tips on managing this im scared he's not gonna like me :frown:((((

If he knows you're quite introverted, and that you're silent, and jf you can laugh about any silent moments, then it'll be fine. It should be alright though, just ask good questions to keep the convo flowing.
Congrats dude :biggrin:
omg thanks manu! :jumphug:We're gonna watch Spiderman far from home. We both seen it many times but we are marvel fans hehe
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hope the date goes well!:h: what are you hoping to watch at the cinema?
Thank you for the advice! :jumphug:
Original post by theeetimdoherty
If he knows you're quite introverted, and that you're silent, and jf you can laugh about any silent moments, then it'll be fine. It should be alright though, just ask good questions to keep the convo flowing.
:jumphug:Thanks hehe
Original post by CoolCavy
Congrats dude :biggrin:
Yes. Yes I did. Mistakes can happen :tongue: Thanks for pointing that out
Original post by keptinside
Attachment not found

Holy lord.. did he type “quiet” wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending