The Student Room Group

Any shows that are good to watch

Hi. Is there any good TV shows that you reccomend??

Scroll to see replies

Bodyguard is great! What kind of genre do you like for tv shows? Medical programs such as: New Amsterdam, Greys Anatomy, Scrubs. are good to watch. Or factual ones such as 24 hours in A&E (Those are what I usually watch). Comedy tv shows such as: Outnumbered, Bad education, Inbetweeners, Friday night dinner. These are all decent to watch. You can usually find these on Netflix or All 4.
Original post by kthughes2003
Hi. Is there any good TV shows that you reccomend??
Reply 2
If you have Amazon Prime, watch The Office. For some reason until now I hadn't watched it but it is what has been getting me through this extended summer holiday right now. Just started Season 4 out of 9, still got a long way to go.
Good omens is also good on Amazon prime
Thanks. I am into many genres except from horror and terror. I'll try what you have reccomended. X
Original post by Hazzabear
Bodyguard is great! What kind of genre do you like for tv shows? Medical programs such as: New Amsterdam, Greys Anatomy, Scrubs. are good to watch. Or factual ones such as 24 hours in A&E (Those are what I usually watch). Comedy tv shows such as: Outnumbered, Bad education, Inbetweeners, Friday night dinner. These are all decent to watch. You can usually find these on Netflix or All 4.
Reply 5
Moneyheist on Netflix.
(edited 4 years ago)
Have you seen "Designated Survivor" on Netflix? It's quite a good one to get into :smile:.
Thanks. I will try what you have reccomended. X
Original post by The Mogg
If you have Amazon Prime, watch The Office. For some reason until now I hadn't watched it but it is what has been getting me through this extended summer holiday right now. Just started Season 4 out of 9, still got a long way to go.
What's it about? I saw that earlier and wasn't sure :smile:
Original post by Alicia2019
Have you seen "Designated Survivor" on Netflix? It's quite a good one to get into :smile:.
Thanks. I will try that as well
Good omens is also good on Amazon prime
I don't have Netflix. I am in the process in thinking if I should get it.
end of the ****ing world, lucifer, black mirror, the society(lowkey the best) and s*x education
Background information - Essentially, if something catastrophic happens to the president (and others who work in the white house) where they end up dead, you will have a designated survivor (or survivors) to become the new president until there is a new vote.

Essentially, the designated survivor is President Kirkman in the series. I don't want to give the plot away, but the whole series works as a sort of half investigation, half running the USA as president sort of thing. It investigates terrorists, cover ups and blackmail and once you get into it, it can be seriously addictive.
What's it about? I saw that earlier and wasn't sure :smile:
Sounds good, might have to try this at some point. Thanks
Background information - Essentially, if something catastrophic happens to the president (and others who work in the white house) where they end up dead, you will have a designated survivor (or survivors) to become the new president until there is a new vote.

Essentially, the designated survivor is President Kirkman in the series. I don't want to give the plot away, but the whole series works as a sort of half investigation, half running the USA as president sort of thing. It investigates terrorists, cover ups and blackmail and once you get into it, it can be seriously addictive.
So many I can tell you, but here are the ones which can be watched in TV at any time...

Modern Family
Lucifer
Scrubs
Malcolm in the middle
Everybody hates Christ
House MD
Two and a Half Men (without Ashton Kutcher!)
The Big Bang Theory
Netflix -

Good Girls - absolutely hilarious
On My Block - I kind of get shook when I hear sirens now :biggrin:
When They See Us - :frown:
Original post by Hnm2001
Moneyheist on Netflix.

I second this! It's brilliant! Season 3 just came out recently too!
Arrested Development
Trailer Park Boys
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

They are honestly just the best comedies
Original post by Dunya
Netflix -

Good Girls - absolutely hilarious
On My Block - I kind of get shook when I hear sirens now :biggrin:
When They See Us - :frown:

i’m currently watching good girls and it’s bloody amazing! do you perhaps know any other shows that are quite similar to it?
What kind of show you looking for? What genre I mean?

Netflix has quite a good selection if you look hard.
How to get away with murder
Good Girls
Trinkets
On my block
Brooklyn 99 of course
Superstore (not on netflix)
When they see us

I have a million more. Literally.

Quick Reply

Latest