:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

This looks. SO GOOD.

Henry Cavill :yy:
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't think I'll give it a watch considering I've never read any of the books or played any of the games. I hope the wheel of time series on amazon is good.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm really hoping this lives up to the potential.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Triss looks nothing like she does in the games...
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Apparently the books were the primary source material when it came to production.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Apparently the books were the primary source material when it came to production.
What's her appearance in the books? Is it more closely related to her appearance in the games or??
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even Henry Cavill isn't hot enough to make that wig not look cheap and terrible.
liaente
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This looks phenomenal. Do you guys know if this is a series and does it follow the books in chronological order?
Court Jester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's her appearance in the books? Is it more closely related to her appearance in the games or??
Books have a little bit of retconning in regards to her appearance. I believe she's a brunette in one of the first books and a redhead in the later ones. She's definitely not the absurdly vibrant red of the games though. The only other notable book detail about her appearance is that she can't wear dresses with a plunging neckline due to a large scar that she's never been able to heal (book Triss is somewhat allergic to the appearance changing magic/potions that all the other sorceresses use).
Last edited by Court Jester; 1 month ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by liaente)
This looks phenomenal. Do you guys know if this is a series and does it follow the books in chronological order?
Yep it's a series and I believe it will follow a certain time order of the events that have happened in the books.. albeit slightly creatively :yep:
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looks terrible, coming from someone who has played all the games more than once. Characters look nothing alike, the story from the trailer looks like a load of crap and full of B-List actors. Yennifer was supposed to be hot, guess not.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Court Jester)
Books have a little bit of retconning in regards to her appearance. I believe she's a brunette in one of the first books and a redhead in the later ones. She's definitely not the absurdly vibrant red of the games though. The only other notable book detail about her appearance is that she can't wear dresses with a plunging neckline due to a large scar that she's never been able to heal (book Triss is somewhat allergic to the appearance changing magic/potions that all the other sorceresses use).
Cheers, never read the books (yet) so I was unsure
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
(Original post by Court Jester)
the series is indeed based on the books (which are the original source material for the game).

Triss looks weird here tbh but re: yenn - in the books, the reason she looks "hot" is because she has essentially cast spells to make her look like a pretty lady in their early 20s, yet is supposed to really have some deformities which the enchantments hide. In the books geralt notices this but still loves her.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
now, does anyone know when netflix is releasing Cowboy Bebop live action adaption / 1st trailer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (117)
24.43%
Pop (110)
22.96%
Jazz (22)
4.59%
Classical (25)
5.22%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.16%