Leaving Islam is haram
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Afterlife?
That's haram

Say mums life
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know being a ex Muslim isn’t a personality trait but it sure does start interesting convos. Ask away!

I'm an ex muslim myself. What made you want to leave islam?
Waiting for the triggered Muslims to flood this thread with comments like "no one cares" and "want a medal?" :rofl2:
Islam? Is that a place or something?
Reply 6
Original post by Fuego1
I'm an ex muslim myself. What made you want to leave islam?

Many reasons. I just thought how islam’s rules didn’t match with my own beliefs. Why would I follow a religion if I can’t accept what it says? Things like how men get hoor al ayn, women not being able to travel alone, homophobia and even premarital sex. I think religion is outdated and some of the rules are sexist. I just think people should just be good, help each other out without being condemned to hell just because you like the same Gender as your own. What made you leave?
I know being a ex Muslim isn’t a personality trait but it sure does start interesting convos. Ask away!

Good for you!
Original post by Afterlife?
Leaving Islam is haram

:lol: The rules of religion don't apply to someone who doesn't follow it.
Reply 8
That's great. It's always nice when someone wants to become open minded and mature. :smile:

I’m fine with whatever religion anyone is. My own family are still Muslim and I’d still love them the same. I have no hatred towards Muslims, I just feel as if islam isn’t right for me.
Reply 9
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Waiting for the triggered Muslims to flood this thread with comments like "no one cares" and "want a medal?" :rofl2:

Oh well. If they get triggered it’s on them. If they can’t be mature about someone having different beliefs then that’s disappointing.
i left too

how u feel about it

Say mums life

LMAO
I feel the same about every religion, I do want to be religious and be part of a community because it does make me happy and without religion I feel like something is missing but I feel every religion suffers more or less the same way and that it has some degree of negativity, toxic and backwards behaviors which is horrible because I feel like I can't connect with anyone and definitely not my own family.

I have sort of come to conclusion that I and a lot of people I know are just more open minded when we don't believe God created everything but that is going way off topic.
I’m fine with whatever religion anyone is. My own family are still Muslim and I’d still love them the same. I have no hatred towards Muslims, I just feel as if islam isn’t right for me.
Free yourself from the brainwash
Original post by killua.
i left too

how u feel about it

LMAO

The same I guess. I’m just glad I don’t feel the guilt for doing something that’s “haram.” You?
Reply 14
Many reasons. I just thought how islam’s rules didn’t match with my own beliefs. Why would I follow a religion if I can’t accept what it says? Things like how men get hoor al ayn, women not being able to travel alone, homophobia and even premarital sex. I think religion is outdated and some of the rules are sexist. I just think people should just be good, help each other out without being condemned to hell just because you like the same Gender as your own. What made you leave?

pretty much the same reasons as you. add to the fact that there are many contradictions in quran/sunnah, verses that promote violence and intolerance to people of different faiths, slavery and I do not agreeing with the prophet Muhammad way of life. For a seemingly 'perfect' and 'easy' religion to follow, there are a lot of grey areas where people agree/diagree on (e.g, listening to music, talking to non meharam, drawing art, taking interest etc) and many interpretations of different verses. A perfect religion does not need to have verses from the Qur'an 'put into context' like many Muslims claim

While islam was perfect for 7th century Arabia, it is not applicable with progressive societies today. Most Muslims are decent people but I have issues with the religion of islam.

Bear in mind, I was born into a muslim family. learnt how to pray, read the quran etc and did all the other rituals of a good Muslim when I was younger. It was when I turned 18 that I started to question a lot more after reading more into the detailed tafsirs and hadiths
I feel the same about every religion, I do want to be religious and be part of a community because it does make me happy and without religion I feel like something is missing but I feel every religion suffers more or less the same way and that it has some degree of negativity, toxic and backwards behaviors which is horrible because I feel like I can't connect with anyone and definitely not my own family.

I have sort of come to conclusion that I and a lot of people I know are just more open minded when we don't believe God created everything but that is going way off topic.

I don’t believe in a god either but I guess a lot of people look for spirituality. I think it’s nice that religion has its nice own little community too. Some people I’ve spoken to have felt so lost without a religion. It’s human nature to worship something, I guess. Most isolated tribes worship something too. I don’t really know where I’m going when this tbh 😂
Original post by Fuego1
pretty much the same reasons as you. add to the fact that there are many contradictions in quran/sunnah, verses that promote violence and intolerance to people of different faiths, slavery and I do not agreeing with the prophet Muhammad way of life. For a seemingly 'perfect' and 'easy' religion to follow, there are a lot of grey areas where people agree/diagree on (e.g, listening to music, talking to non meharam, drawing art, taking interest etc) and many interpretations of different verses. A perfect religion does not need to have verses from the Qur'an 'put into context' like many Muslims claim

While islam was perfect for 7th century Arabia, it is not applicable with progressive societies today. Most Muslims are decent people but I have issues with the religion of islam.

Bear in mind, I was born into a muslim family. learnt how to pray, read the quran etc and did all the other rituals of a good Muslim when I was younger. It was when I turned 18 that I started to question a lot more after reading more into the detailed tafsirs and hadiths

The contradictions really confused me. It’s a really complicated religion and I think it’s just so outdated. I completely agree with what you’re saying. I’ve always doubted islam but felt guilty right after. Do your family know youve left?
The same I guess. I’m just glad I don’t feel the guilt for doing something that’s “haram.” You?

that's nice. same, pretty much. one of the best feelings for sure is when i have days where i entirely forget islam exists and was such a huge part of my life one time. freedom is sweeeeet
Something I love about religion is the interesting dress designs and architecture of the religious temples. It is true what you're saying
I don’t believe in a god either but I guess a lot of people look for spirituality. I think it’s nice that religion has its nice own little community too. Some people I’ve spoken to have felt so lost without a religion. It’s human nature to worship something, I guess. Most isolated tribes worship something too. I don’t really know where I’m going when this tbh 😂
Original post by killua.
that's nice. same, pretty much. one of the best feelings for sure is when i have days where i entirely forget islam exists and was such a huge part of my life one time. freedom is sweeeeet

What made you leave?

Latest

Trending

Trending