The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because back then the world was a very different place and nothing like how it is today. Look at it like this, perhaps she was fertile or he couldn't have children with anyone else. There are probably very understandable reasons for it but you'll have to open your mind a little bit more.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve asked many people too. Even my old mosque teacher. Still waiting.
Reply 41
Yes.

Do you agree with the phrase,

"When in Rome"

?
Original post by xxlaila03xx
I believe you're the immature one here

How so? I’ve been respectful towards Muslims and said how I appreciate how beautiful mosques are. I just don’t think islam is for Me.
Ignore lala land. He's a 'Muslim' troll.
How so? I’ve been respectful towards Muslims and said how I appreciate how beautiful mosques are. I just don’t think islam is for Me.
Original post by Afterlife?
Leaving Islam is haram

😂😂😂
i suppose you’ve read all the other threads....why make a similar one? You’re not any different...
Original post by nabilahhh
i suppose you’ve read all the other threads....why make a similar one? You’re not any different...

We're all different. No one has the same life.
Original post by Aпonymous #1
We're all different. No one has the same life.

How’s your story different to all the others? You’ve left islam because you don’t believe in the teachings right?

Understandable. I haven’t looked at the other threads. I’m just bored. Why bother to reply and click and read this thread If you know it’s going to be the same? You’re not any different...
How’s your story different to all the others? You’ve left islam because you don’t believe in the teachings right?

I'm not the thread starter, I just happen to have the same name.
Understandable. I haven’t looked at the other threads. I’m just bored. Why bother to reply and click and read this thread If you know it’s going to be the same? You’re not any different...

Ok
Reply 51
The contradictions really confused me. It’s a really complicated religion and I think it’s just so outdated. I completely agree with what you’re saying. I’ve always doubted islam but felt guilty right after. Do your family know youve left?

When you initially leave islam, you will naturally (and unfortunately) feel some sort of guilt - it just shows how far the indoctrination of religion has gone during the early stages of childhood so when you've finally freed yourself from the shackles of religion and being in constantly fearing that what you do is never enough to please a god and having to worry about every little thing being a sin, you feel guilt and worry how people may view you. I don't speak for every ex muslim but this is how I felt. Give it time and you won't feel bad for leaving your religion and its long list of backward rules. Don't worry about how a community or family view you - people will say many things but just remain strong.

My family do not know that I've left islam lol! I'm waiting to become a bit more financially independent before I do say anything. Like many parents from asian backgrounds, they cannot fathom the idea of leaving a religion you were born into and take it as an insult. Not to mention the risk of more people finding out and being ostracised from family members or being kicked out from home. While some parents might not be 'strict muslims', I wonder why they cannot accept their kids leaving a religion and suddenly view them as a total stranger if they leave or treat them differently. You should love your kids unconditionally.

I'm lucky to be a guy where there a less religious pressures, to an extent. I'd hate to be a girl living under strict islamic parents...
Original post by Aпonymous #1
I'm not the thread starter, I just happen to have the same name.

Oh lool
Original post by Fuego1
When you initially leave islam, you will naturally (and unfortunately) feel some sort of guilt - it just shows how far the indoctrination of religion has gone during the early stages of childhood so when you've finally freed yourself from the shackles of religion and being in constantly fearing that what you do is never enough to please a god and having to worry about every little thing being a sin, you feel guilt and worry how people may view you. I don't speak for every ex muslim but this is how I felt. Give it time and you won't feel bad for leaving your religion and its long list of backward rules. Don't worry about how a community or family view you - people will say many things but just remain strong.

My family do not know that I've left islam lol! I'm waiting to become a bit more financially independent before I do say anything. Like many parents from asian backgrounds, they cannot fathom the idea of leaving a religion you were born into and take it as an insult. Not to mention the risk of more people finding out and being ostracised from family members or being kicked out from home. While some parents might not be 'strict muslims', I wonder why they cannot accept their kids leaving a religion and suddenly view them as a total stranger if they leave or treat them differently. You should love your kids unconditionally.

I'm lucky to be a guy where there a less religious pressures, to an extent. I'd hate to be a girl living under strict islamic parents...

I completely get how you feel. Same situation here. My family aren’t strict Muslims but it’ll be easier when I move out for uni. They’re not strict Muslims but strict in culture as they’re Asian too. I think the guilt is just easier to get over after time passed it took me 2 years to finally feel free without doubting if leaving is a good choice. I’m in the same situation.
Reply 54
Many reasons. I just thought how islam’s rules didn’t match with my own beliefs. Why would I follow a religion if I can’t accept what it says? Things like how men get hoor al ayn, women not being able to travel alone, homophobia and even premarital sex. I think religion is outdated and some of the rules are sexist. I just think people should just be good, help each other out without being condemned to hell just because you like the same Gender as your own. What made you leave?

See this is exactly how my train of thought works but I'm just too scared to leave it haha
Ok

Ok
Original post by sop1601
See this is exactly how my train of thought works but I'm just too scared to leave it haha

Give yourself time to think about it. Reflect if religion is working for you. I guess religion is something you have to figure out yourself even though you’re born into it.
Reply 57
Because back then the world was a very different place and nothing like how it is today. Look at it like this, perhaps she was fertile or he couldn't have children with anyone else. There are probably very understandable reasons for it but you'll have to open your mind a little bit more.

'Because back then the world was a very different place and nothing like how it is today' - what you have just said here basically implies that islam is a religion that was applicable to a certain time andd isn't compatible with changing and progressive societies today. Many muslims claim that islam is a 'perfect and timeless guide for humanity and cannot be changed' but under laws today, marrying a 6 year old would be considered as paedophillia. Hence islam ISN'T a 'perfect and timeless guide for humanity'
Cool, thx guys.:biggrin:

I think it’s a type of sauce ?

Original post by killua.
iSlam?? i think it's an apple product?

She was 6. Fertility shouldn’t have been the concern here. Isn’t the purpose of a religion is to be relevant and applicable in modern society? Shouldn’t allah or Muhammad see it coming since they’re all knowing?

Latest

Trending

Trending