The Student Room Group

Emily Hartridge dies

Anyone else pretty shocked by this? I've been watching her videos for ages. She was killed on an e bike in a collision with a lorry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244057/Emily-Harstridge-35-dies-tragic-smash.html#comments

Scroll to see replies

Who
Not much people know who she is to be honest
Found out on the news. I myself didn't watch a lot of her videos, but I know a lot of people did. It's always a shock to hear someone passing away so suddenly.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends in such a difficult time.
Original post by karl pilkington
Anyone else pretty shocked by this? I've been watching her videos for ages. She was killed on an e bike in a collision with a lorry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244057/Emily-Harstridge-35-dies-tragic-smash.html#comments

I've been watching her videos for years - so saddened by this news :frown:
Original post by Suzanne123
I've been watching her videos for years - so saddened by this news :frown:

same I have been watching her for years very shocking she also has three lovely sisters that she was very close to
Reply 6
Who the f is that?
That's a real shame, RIP. I'm not massively into Youtube but I did enjoy watching a lot of her 10 Reasons Why videos a while ago.
Reply 8
What happened? The article doesn't describe much about the crash, just that she was popular and committing a crime at the time :s-smilie:
Original post by ThomH97
What happened? The article doesn't describe much about the crash, just that she was popular and committing a crime at the time :s-smilie:

Riding an electric scooter and hit by a lorry.

I read about this yesterday, was mentioned in an article in the Metro on electric scooters and their safety/legality.
same I have been watching her for years very shocking she also has three lovely sisters that she was very close to

Yea I remember her filming a lot with one sister in particular. I can't imagine what they're going through!
So sad. Her 10 reasons vids were/are brilliant.

E-Scooters are more dangerous than the makers of them would like people to think.
It is illegal to ride them off private land in the UK and they go at up to 25 miles an hour
Original post by Fullofsurprises
So sad. Her 10 reasons vids were/are brilliant.

E-Scooters are more dangerous than the makers of them would like people to think.

E scooter, I mean I feel sorry but she was doing something illegal, if she had obeyed the law she would not be dead
And a second death happened in the UK a few days later, people need to know the law and how dangerous they can be
Original post by Greywolftwo
E scooter, I mean I feel sorry but she was doing something illegal, if she had obeyed the law she would not be dead

many people die on bicycles and mopeds in London and they are legal
Do not make excuse for this woman driving illegal E scooter and being killed lucky no one else was killed/hurt by her selfish illegal driving.
many people die on bicycles and mopeds in London and they are legal
Original post by looloo2134
Do not make excuse for this woman driving illegal E scooter and being killed lucky no one else was killed/hurt by her selfish illegal driving.

I’ve recently been to Stockholm and these things are really threatening to pedestrians in a way that cycles aren’t. The speeds are higher than most cyclists manage on urban cycle paths; the noise is lower; users don’t use a bell or horn.

However, provided the UK doesn’t legitimate their use, and particularly their hiring, they will more or less vanish like previous transport fads.

20 years ago people were zipping around urban spaces, particularly indoor ones, on little manual scooters. It seemed at one time that every airport worker was on a scooter. You never see them now.

The Segway boom never recovered from the death of the inventor.

Mobile phones didn’t kill off CB radio; boredom did, when phones were still the size of housebricks and only bankers could afford the call charges.

Nope I’m not shocked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending