The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Exam Reflection Thread!

Scroll to see replies

can i join? @uni
Original post by Lemur14
It was the point I was doing 3x the amount of work for single maths as for further that I realised I shouldn't be doing all the work (my single class were all taking further so it wasn't even like some people needed it to scrape a D or anything!)
Hopefully some drama, possibly some dance, not too sure atm, but I need something to keep me sane :lol: Had to give up my drama class at Christmas so having nothing for 6 month hasn't done me too much good...

:rofl:
maths and drama sounds like such an interesting mix:awesome: you could do a mathsy play:wink:
Original post by Sinnoh
I would like to preface this with:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Finished A-levels, so one place or another I'll be doing physics. I just wish I hadn't left any gaps in ability before going into some of my exams - especially FM1 and stats & mechanics. I wonder how avoidable that'll be at uni - guessing it won't be.

Oh and people doing Edexcel FS1 there's a wrong formula in the textbook. It should be P(X=n)=GX(n)(t)n!P(X=n) = \dfrac{G^{(n)} _X (t)}{n!}. So I've learnt not to trust Edexcel's textbooks :facepalm:

:lol:
you'll be fine:hugs:
and my textbook has had a good few errors too smh
Original post by syrup!
app aqa is bi'tch to do
i do edexcel

i don't think it's that bad, i've done aqa for gcse maths though so maybe i'm used to it. i think edexcel papers look horrendous:hide:
Original post by laurawatt
What I will be doing next year: Doing A-levels :eek: hopefully in maths, fm, geography and chemistry :thumbsup:
What I've learnt not to do next year: Don't just read notes, mix up your revision methods, even if answering questions are boring :laugh:
One useful thing I've learnt this year: Sleep is good :yes:

an interesting choice in subjects:gah: are you still thinking of doing maths at uni?
mixing up revision methods is good, stops you getting bored:yep:
sleep is amazing but i never seem to get enough of it...
Original post by Bulletzone
can i join? @uni

you're very free to contribute to this thread if you've done uni exams, if that's what you mean:smile:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
X
Naa drama is strictly extra curricular and non related to maths thanks :tongue: I tend to go for musical theatre an you'd be surprised with the correlation between maths and music so there's more of us than you'd necessarily think :giggle:
Original post by Lemur14
Naa drama is strictly extra curricular and non related to maths thanks :tongue: I tend to go for musical theatre an you'd be surprised with the correlation between maths and music so there's more of us than you'd necessarily think :giggle:

you could have played a character who discovered the wonders of the pi sign:cry:
there is definitely something somewhat mathematical about music:yes: hopefully there'll be lots of mathsy people at the theatre/musical society at the uni you'll go:awesome:
you could have played a character who discovered the wonders of the pi sign:cry:
there is definitely something somewhat mathematical about music:yes: hopefully there'll be lots of mathsy people at the theatre/musical society at the uni you'll go:awesome:

:rofl:
Yeah that would be nice!
good luck, i hope you get the results you want!! what a levels did you do and what are you hoping to do at uni?:h:

thank you so much! I did biology (AQA), chemistry (OCR) and psychology (OCR). im hoping to do medicine and if i can't get in i would do psychology :smile:
Original post by Skeletonclique21
thank you so much! I did biology (AQA), chemistry (OCR) and psychology (OCR). im hoping to do medicine and if i can't get in i would do psychology :smile:

ooh i hope it goes okay!! i'm hoping to do psychology at uni:yep:
i know youll smash it:hugs:
bumping in case there are other users who wish to reflect on exams:ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending