Black Widow - May 2020
Starring Scarlett Johansson and Rachel Weisz and directed by Cate Shortland

Autumn 2020 - Untitled films

Nov 2020 - The Eternals Film
Starring Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek and directed by Chloe Zhao

Feb 2021 - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Starring Simu Liu and directed by Destin Daniel Cretton

Spring 2021 - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen (yes, Scarlet Witch) and directed by Scott Derrickson

Summer 2021 - Untitled

Nov 2021 - Thor 4: Love and Thunder
Directed by Taika Waititi and starring Natalie Portman (who will wield the legendary hammer as the first female Thor), Tessa Thompson, and Chris Hemsworth

DISNEY+ STREAMING TV SHOWS

Autumn 2020 - The Falcon & Winter Soldier

Spring 2021 - WanaVision

Spring 2021 - Loki

Summer 2021 - WHAT IF...

Autumn 2021 - Hawkeye

UNKNOWN FORMAT/DATE

BLADE (Reboot)

What are your thoughts? Any films/tv shows stand out for you?
Satyr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:awesome:
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thor 4, loki tv show!! am very curious about this eternals project too as the cast looks pretty good.
Dunya
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
eeeeeeeeeeeek
rubyft123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm looking forward to the second Dr. Strange, especially with Scarlet Witch in it. Let's just hope his American accent is slightly better this time
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

(Original post by rubyft123)
I'm looking forward to the second Dr. Strange, especially with Scarlet Witch in it. Let's just hope his American accent is slightly better this time
Yeaah. His Accent is really odd. Doesn't feel like it has place and he speaks in such a deep voice :laugh: I'm sure the film will have mind bending CGI :grin:
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm probably like the only person who's disappointed by this but the casting of ali as blade (which i'm sure he'll be good at) means it looks like that netflix shows are no longer part of the mcu. really sad. feels like they were a bit redundant but maybe numbers didn't justify keeping them in or something.
Last edited by entertainmyfaith; 1 month ago
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
i'm probably like the only person who's disappointed by this but the recasting of blade means that netflix shows are no longer part of the mcu. really sad. feels like they were a bit redundant but maybe numbers didn't justify keeping them in or something.
Which MCU show did Blade appear in? Or did you mean the recasting of Ali?
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Which MCU show did Blade appear in? Or did you mean the recasting of Ali
just realised i've been misreading some articles, sorry ali has appeared in luke cage as a character already and now to play blade means it looks like the netflix shows aren't going any further
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just realised i've been misreading some articles, sorry ali has appeared in luke cage as a character already and now to play blade means it looks like the netflix shows aren't going any further
There's been about a dozen actors who have played multiple characters in the MCU and his Luke Cage character is dead, so that's not necessarily the sign they won't go any further. The fact that Marvel have outlined their major plans for the next several years with no Defenders in sight is the sign they won't go any further.
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
There's been about a dozen actors who have played multiple characters in the MCU and his Luke Cage character is dead, so that's not necessarily the sign they won't go any further. The fact that Marvel have outlined their major plans for the next several years with no Defenders in sight is the sign they won't go any further.
really hoping that it does continue but i don't really have high hopes anymore
hopefully that's not the case for antman 3 as they didn't announce much (or anything) to do with it at sdcc iirc
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
really hoping that it does continue but i don't really have high hopes anymore
hopefully that's not the case for antman 3 as they didn't announce much (or anything) to do with it at sdcc iirc
It's very different for the movies, they've only announced stuff being released within the next two years. They've not formally announced anything at all beyond that point.

However the Netflix series are some of the most popular MCU TV properties, and we've known they've been pulled from Netflix for a while. If we didn't get told about them on the announcement of Disney's streaming service and we haven't been told about them at ComicCon, I think the odds of them seeing the light of day ever again are slim.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:woo:
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I enjoy some of the films but feel Marvel are milking this SuperHero stuff far too much

How much films are there now?

Has anyone actually watched them all
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I enjoy some of the films but feel Marvel are milking this SuperHero stuff far too much

How much films are there now?

Has anyone actually watched them all
I've watched all of them apart from the Incredible Hulk movie. I actually feel like most people have watched all of the movies.
Quixote.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Marvel are milking this SuperHero stuff far too much
Yeah! 80 goddamn years and all they've given us is superheroes, pfft.

Bond should also give up the spy work, can't he do anything else? And why can't the next Star Wars be set in modern day Birmingham? All that space stuff has been done to death.

I've seen all the Marvel films and will continue watching them as they're released. I'm a fan of the comics, and seeing heroes that i've previously only ever seen in comics and cartoons brought to life on screen is incredible. Marvel Studios has done a great job with them. It certainly helps having people like Kevin Feige, who love the comics, in charge.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quixote.)
Yeah! 80 goddamn years and all they've given us is superheroes, pfft.

Bond should also give up the spy work, can't he do anything else? And why can't the next Star Wars be set in modern day Birmingham? All that space stuff has been done to death.

I've seen all the Marvel films and will continue watching them as they're released. I'm a fan of the comics, and seeing heroes that i've previously only ever seen in comics and cartoons brought to life on screen is incredible. Marvel Studios has done a great job with them. It certainly helps having people like Kevin Feige, who love the comics, in charge.

What I mean is, the amount of films they've pumped out starting with X-men just seems very excessive

There hasn't been as nearly as much bond films or star wars films in that time.

google says since 2007 they've pumped out 23 films, with 8 more currently in development
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am very excited about all of this! Especially for female Thor though :love:
ericl3ung
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Alongside with Phase 4, Sony may release Spiderman 3 on July 2021.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (150)
24.79%
Pop (146)
24.13%
Jazz (26)
4.3%
Classical (35)
5.79%
Hip-Hop (106)
17.52%