The Student Room Group

Medic students do you need a separate dbs for each med school

I have applied for my DBS for Leicester (my firm) and Aston (back up) want me to do a DBS through them, but I don't see the point in paying for the exact same thing twice. As long as you dont have any criminal convictions surely it should work for both?
Original post by poppie123
I have applied for my DBS for Leicester (my firm) and Aston (back up) want me to do a DBS through them, but I don't see the point in paying for the exact same thing twice. As long as you dont have any criminal convictions surely it should work for both?

Are they asking that you pay? It should be doable as a free voluntary DBs

A DBS is valid only for the day it was issued.
Cant you just pay for the online version and then you can give the same deatils to everyone for a year.
Original post by claireestelle
Are they asking that you pay? It should be doable as a free voluntary DBs

I don't think med students count as volunteers (who are they helping?), and it would need to be an enhanced check which presumably wouldn't be free for a volunteer anyway?
Don’t you need an enhanced check?
Reply 5
Yeah you do have to pay for some reason it's costing £59 through Leicester when Aston was just £44, but I called up and they said my Leicester one would be valid.
Original post by nexttime
I don't think med students count as volunteers (who are they helping?), and it would need to be an enhanced check which presumably wouldn't be free for a volunteer anyway?
Original post by nexttime

My mistake my enhanced was free on a nursing degree
Yeah you do have to pay for some reason it's costing £59 through Leicester when Aston was just £44, but I called up and they said my Leicester one would be valid.

If you just paid the extra for the online version then you have an up to date one you can use for as many places as you like instantly available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending