The Student Room Group

Sending form PN1 via post

Hello,

Because I am an EU student applicant and my first time to apply, I need to send my application via post.

I am a single independent student and there are so many pages that don't apply to me so I don't need to fill them up.

Do I need to send all pages (40 pages) or only those pages I filled up??

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there,
You will need to complete the full EU19N form http://ow.ly/IAw530nPrRP if you are applying as a new EU student.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there,
You will need to complete the full EU19N form http://ow.ly/IAw530nPrRP if you are applying as a new EU student.
Thanks, Isaac.

I think I need to use the PN1 form as I am also applying for Migrant Maintenance Allowance ( been living here less than 5 years) and I have to send it by post including my passport???
If you are applying as a Migrant Worker then the PN1 form is correct. You need to complete the full form if your applying for the highest amount of the Maintenance Loan however if you only want the basic amount then you only need to complete up to section 7.
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by a0f83w
I think I need to use the PN1 form as I am also applying for Migrant Maintenance Allowance ( been living here less than 5 years) and I have to send it by post including my passport???
Reply 5
If you are applying as a Migrant Worker then the PN1 form is correct. You need to complete the full form if your applying for the highest amount of the Maintenance Loan however if you only want the basic amount then you only need to complete up to section 7.
Thanks, Isaac.

But some of the sections on the form don't apply to me. I am single and independent. No partner, parents dead. I do want to apply for the full amount as I am going to study nursing full time. ?
Original post by a0f83w
But some of the sections on the form don't apply to me. I am single and independent. No partner, parents dead. I do want to apply for the full amount as I am going to study nursing full time. ?

You should only complete the sections that apply to you.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 7
You should only complete the sections that apply to you.
Thanks, Isaac.

But I still need to send all the forms even if I only filled up half of the 40 pages? Also, do I have a chance of getting the full amount (single, independent)? Thanks!
You will need to meet the independent criteria and provide evidence listed here http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5. You don't need to send the blank pages that have not been completed. If you have only complete half the form up to section 7 then you can disregard the other sections but make sure you sign the declaration page.
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by a0f83w
But I still need to send all the forms even if I only filled up half of the 40 pages? Also, do I have a chance of getting the full amount (single, independent)? Thanks!
Reply 9
You will need to meet the independent criteria and provide evidence listed here http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5. You don't need to send the blank pages that have not been completed. If you have only complete half the form up to section 7 then you can disregard the other sections but make sure you sign the declaration page.
Thanks, Isaac.

Ok. Thank you Isaac! 👍
Reply 10
Thanks, Isaac.

Follow up question. How long before you return the original passport? Thing is, that's the only most acceptable ID I have. I don't have license id (i dont drive), i literally do't have any other ID. Will it take more than a week? Tia!!
Hi,

We normally return ID in around 4-5 weeks after we receive it. Will you need your passport during this time?

Warm regards, Graeme
Original post by a0f83w
Follow up question. How long before you return the original passport? Thing is, that's the only most acceptable ID I have. I don't have license id (i dont drive), i literally do't have any other ID. Will it take more than a week? Tia!!
Reply 12
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi,

We normally return ID in around 4-5 weeks after we receive it. Will you need your passport during this time?

Warm regards, Graeme

Omg, that's too long. I don't know really. I am not travelling anytime soon but i do need it for proof like when i pick up something from the post office etc.
If you're applying as a Migrant Worker, then we'll need to see your ID at some point. In practice, ID is normally returned much quicker, though we can't guarantee this. We'd recommend that you send the application form and ID as soon as you can. The sooner we have this, the sooner we can send it back.

Warm regards, Graeme
Original post by a0f83w
Omg, that's too long. I don't know really. I am not travelling anytime soon but i do need it for proof like when i pick up something from the post office etc.
Reply 14
If you're applying as a Migrant Worker, then we'll need to see your ID at some point. In practice, ID is normally returned much quicker, though we can't guarantee this. We'd recommend that you send the application form and ID as soon as you can. The sooner we have this, the sooner we can send it back.

Warm regards, Graeme

Absolutely. Thanks for the tip👍
Reply 15

Warm regards, Graeme

Hi, I have a follow up question on filling up form PN1.

When I see prompts " if no go to c3" etc., does that mean, I don't need to fill up the following sections and just go straight to c3?

I am filling up Section 3: Residence

c1 is asking if I have lived outside UK in the 3 years prior to the start of the first academic year and my answer is NO. Then it says "if no go to c3".

So i didnt fill up c2 of course.

c3 is asking about if my parents lived or worked outside uk. This question does not apply to me as my parents are deceased so i ticked NO.
and then it says "if NO go to section 4"

but section 3 has c4 which is asking the details of my residence for the 5 years before the start of the first academic year.

So, should I ignore this section and go straight to Section 4 because I ticked NO at the question on c3?

please, this is confusing me..

thanks in advance!
Original post by a0f83w
When I see prompts " if no go to c3" etc., does that mean, I don't need to fill up the following sections and just go straight to c3?

Hi, this is correct. You don't need to provide 5 years residency as a Migrant Worker but you should make sure to enter your address history for the past 3 years.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 17
Hi, this is correct. You don't need to provide 5 years residency as a Migrant Worker but you should make sure to enter your address history for the past 3 years.
Thanks, Isaac.

ok, thanks again👍
Original post by a0f83w
ok, thanks again👍

Hi there,

No worries at all, let us know if you have other questions.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 19
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

No worries at all, let us know if you have other questions.

Regards,
Nihad

Hi. follow up questions. I am a single independent student (migrant worker), do I need to fill up sections 7 and 8 on PN1 form?

Also, once I have submitted my PN1 form by post and I need to change some details like bank details or course details, how should I do this?

thanks in advance!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending