The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

leicester students

as a student in leicester how do you get around?

At weekends, during the week, for nights out.

Are there buses from clarendon park area (I understand that's where most 2nd/ 3rd years live) into the city centre?

Also in first year if you don't want to pay for the saturday option on the uni bus, can you still get the arriva bus from oadby?
Reply 1
Leicester? OMG
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
huh
Original post by Vinny C
Leicester? OMG
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
huh

Even the coach driver said welcome to the shithole.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
lol
Original post by Vinny C
Even the coach driver said welcome to a shithole.
Hi,

Many students use the bus services in Leicester.

I believe that the U1 bus goes to clarendon park area.

The Arriva Bus (U1/U2/U3) is a term-time bus service operated throughout the academic year. This service runs between the Village, the University Campus and the City Centre. Check out the Arriva website for timetables and ticket options. There is also the 31 service from London Road (near to Racecourse) which runs into the City Centre.

The Student's Union also offer a safety bus that drops you close to your home for just a small £1 flat fee - or less with a safety bus card. The service runs 11pm - 3am during term time. Check out the bus route area, times and where to get your Safety Bus card here

Yes you can still get an Arriva bus from Oadby if you haven't bought the Saturday option, you can just get a single ticket.

I hope this helps :smile:

- Melissa

as a student in leicester how do you get around?

At weekends, during the week, for nights out.

Are there buses from clarendon park area (I understand that's where most 2nd/ 3rd years live) into the city centre?

Also in first year if you don't want to pay for the saturday option on the uni bus, can you still get the arriva bus from oadby?
Reply 6
lol

National Express... we are arriving at Leicester central, welcome to the shithole! Honest!
Reply 7
Original post by Vinny C
National Express... we are arriving at Leicester central, welcome to the shithole! Honest!

can't be that bad lol
Reply 8
can't be that bad lol

Watch Eden Lake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending