The Student Room Group

Conservative leadership thread: Boris Johnson chosen as next UK Prime Minister

Scroll to see replies

Both are bad as each other, my guinea pigs could run this country better :rolleyes:
When you have an opposition that is Jeremy Corbyn, and you still have a now prime minster more unelectable, you know your struggling.. Bunch of muppets...
Reply 62
Legend. Boris should be regarded as a god.
Well, at least we're not like the poor Americans who have to put up with a clownish and over-privileged buffoon of an overweight old white man with no knowledge of ordinary people as their leader.
The Official LiberOfLondon Cabinet Prediction:
Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Jacob Rees-Mogg
Home Secretary: Sajid Javid
Foreign Secretary: Dominic Raab
Brexit Secretary: Steve Baker
Gove, McVey, Patel and Francois will get a nice new Cabinet office. I have a sneaky suspicion that Priti Patel will become Environment Secretary but don't want to make it an official prediction.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
The Official LiberOfLondon Cabinet Prediction:
Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Jacob Rees-Mogg
Home Secretary: Sajid Javid
Foreign Secretary: Dominic Raab
Brexit Secretary: Steve Baker
Gove, McVey, Patel and Francois will get a nice new Cabinet office. I have a sneaky suspicion that Priti Patel will become Environment Secretary but don't want to make it an official prediction.

JR-M won't be Chancellor, it would be too controversial. Boris is already signalling a centrist mainstream kind of cabinet.

I think he might make Gove Foreign Secretary.

You're probably right about some of the others - it will be interesting to see who becomes Brexi-Sec, under Theresa that was largely a meaningless role since she ran it from No 10.
:rofl:

ivanka.jpg
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I'm sure Boris won't let you down regarding JR-M's super cool government role as Minister for Crushing All Hope in the Treasury.

I prefer Moggy on the backbenches.
Reply 68
Utterly embarrassing day for the UK.
Well, at least we're not like the poor Americans who have to put up with a clownish and over-privileged buffoon of an overweight old white man with no knowledge of ordinary people as their leader.

Jesus, you really are obsessed with race aren’t you?! It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragically cliche. I thought you lefty types didn’t see colour? Whatever that even means.

Suffering from a bout of ‘white guilt’ are we?
Reply 70
It's funny when people say we have a meritocracy. He has become PM entirely because of the privelege he was born into.
Original post by DSilva
It's funny when people say we have a meritocracy. He has become PM entirely because of the privelege he was born into.

It's aggravating the extent to which people fawn over and capitulate to the ancien regime of Britain's extreme class system - here we have the full Etonian arrogance and entitlement coupled to the obsequious compliance of the Tory voters and many of his fellow MPs.

Even worse has been listening to the miserable toadying today from journalists across the Right who clearly have little in the way of critical faculties when confronted with so noble a presence. Or are they just too dazzled by the prospect of someone who can apparently easily beat Corbyn to worry about what a Boris government will actually be like?
Reply 72
no, he is perceived to have a bit more merit than all the other privileged people.

Boris is like a colour television in a black and white world
Original post by DSilva
Well, I suppose the big question is Who do you think is going to be in his cabinet? Do we already know this or not yet? Hunt has got to have a big job according to my dad.

The US President has less powers than a UK Prime Minister. So this is worse. I would support Her Majesty the Queen exercising the Royal Prerogative and refusing to accept him, at least until the House of Commons has had their say.
Trump approves of Boris. Enough said.
Original post by barnetlad
The US President has less powers than a UK Prime Minister. So this is worse. I would support Her Majesty the Queen exercising the Royal Prerogative and refusing to accept him, at least until the House of Commons has had their say.

Be nice if it could work. Sadly our increasingly crumbling 'constitution' demands that she wait till Parliament wins a no-confidence vote against his 'government'.

I'm using inverted commas because he can't possibly govern in any meaningful sense at present with a bitterly divided house and incredibly slim governing majorities, if any.
Reply 77
d815f99dcceff0af838ede8579b8ca62.jpg
Original post by mjhmichael18
Well, I suppose the big question is Who do you think is going to be in his cabinet? Do we already know this or not yet? Hunt has got to have a big job according to my dad.
Reply 78
To all the critics of Boris: who is the best national leader in the World right now?
Reply 79
This seems to sum up what his regime will be like;

Boris Johnson's political inheritance has all the makings of a disaster.

He has no Commons majority. There is no mandate from the general public - remember this election has only been decided by Tory members.

There are policy problems everywhere in sight, whether that's trying to solve the conundrums of Brexit with a reluctant EU and a divided party, or trying to address deep-seated problems at home.

And just as among his fans there is genuine excitement that he will, at last, be in Number 10, there is scepticism and disbelief from the opposition parties, and double-sided concerns in his own party.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending