The Student Room Group

Study medicine Georigia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunny155
Hi there, have confirmed with GPHC that this degree will be accepted?

And also accepted by GMC
Sorry I was asking whether you have confirmed with the GMC that this degree will be accepted in the UK?
Original post by Enphilus
Oh great! As I intend practicing in the UK
Sorry I was asking whether you have confirmed with the GMC that this degree will be accepted in the UK?

check this out. The school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools so it's accepted by GMC. But for me, I'd need to take the PLAB as an IMG

https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/before-you-apply/acceptable-overseas-qualifications/our-criteria-for-acceptable-overseas-qualifications

The school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. It's accepted by GMC. However, I'd need to take the PLAB as an IMG
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/before-you-apply/acceptable-overseas-qualifications/our-criteria-for-acceptable-overseas-qualifications

Check GMC website. The school school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools so it's accepted by GMC. For me, I'd need to take the PLAB as an IMG
Okay thanks, but thats not the only criteria for their acceptance, right? This is what it says on the website,
"To be acceptable to us, your primary medical qualification must have been awarded after a programme of study that was made up of at least 5,500 hours and lasted at least five years." So how would you satisfy the criteria for 5 years?
Check GMC website. The school school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools so it's accepted by GMC. For me, I'd need to take the PLAB as an IMG
Okay thanks, but thats not the only criteria for their acceptance, right? This is what it says on the website,
"To be acceptable to us, your primary medical qualification must have been awarded after a programme of study that was made up of at least 5,500 hours and lasted at least five years." So how would you satisfy the criteria for 5 years?

Oh that's something to consider.
Oh that's something to consider.

I just shot them an email. Hope they respond soon
Okay. PLease do let me know when u get a reply. Thanks
I just shot them an email. Hope they respond soon
Okay. PLease do let me know when u get a reply. Thanks

Definitely!
Hi guyd just want to know is there any person accepted into new vision uni Georgia? I am considering it but need to know if it's GMC accepted. I was told that the course started in 2014 and the first Studebts have not yet graduated so it's hard to tell if any of them were accepted by the GMC to take plab. Can anyone help if teaching is good.
From my understanding we'd have to make an application as an international graduate (because it's non-EU) for GMC registration. And do our Foundation Year 2 in the UK (lucum F1 and then FY2). Also by the time we graduate, PLAB will no longer exist . We'll all have to do this test - can't remember what it is.
Original post by cookiedough12
Hi guyd just want to know is there any person accepted into new vision uni Georgia? I am considering it but need to know if it's GMC accepted. I was told that the course started in 2014 and the first Studebts have not yet graduated so it's hard to tell if any of them were accepted by the GMC to take plab. Can anyone help if teaching is good.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Karidja04
From my understanding we'd have to make an application as an international graduate (because it's non-EU) for GMC registration. And do our Foundation Year 2 in the UK (lucum F1 and then FY2). Also by the time we graduate, PLAB will no longer exist . We'll all have to do this test - can't remember what it is.

So there will be a test we would have to take before we do the locum F1 and and then F2 but it won't be PLAB. Is that what you mean?
Yeah we would have to do the UKMLA .

https://www.gmc-uk.org/education/standards-guidance-and-curricula/projects/medical-licensing-assessment/about-the-mla
So there will be a test we would have to take before we do the locum F1 and and then F2 but it won't be PLAB. Is that what you mean?

Great! Thanks. Have you been offered a place at New vision university?
Yeah I have, for the November intake. I start on te 4th.
Gotta search for apartments and all.
Great! Thanks. Have you been offered a place at New vision university?
Yeah I have, for the November intake. I start on te 4th.
Gotta search for apartments and all.

That's great. I have as well but on the letter it says resumption is September. I've made a tuition deposit. As I will be coming from Nigeria, they said they provide me with 5 documents, one of which will be the Minister's (Education minister) Order. So I wait
Yeah that's right, classes starts in September. But there's the November intake but you get extra tutoring if you need to catch up.
That's great. I have as well but on the letter it says resumption is September. I've made a tuition deposit. As I will be coming from Nigeria, they said they provide me with 5 documents, one of which will be the Minister's (Education minister) Order. So I wait
Yeah that's right, classes starts in September. But there's the November intake but you get extra tutoring if you need to catch up.

Alright, that's cool. I'll keep in touch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending