The Student Room Group

Change university change course and Funding

Hi

I have been at university since 2013/2014 the reason why I haven’t finish to do with my personal circumstance my health and my father passed away.

I am not happy with my university decision they way treated my concession making repeat the years by not offering me resit in the summer.

If some thing occurs in the exam period or assignments such as if had problem at them times showing proof of evidences.

The university was like okay keep them updated and put in through concession base system.

Response I got back from the board of Examiners decision not happy.

So I want to know if the SFE if there still available fund.

My track record looks like this:

13/14 1st year failed health reason
14/14 repeat year failed health reason
15/16 repeat year pass the year and I put a CPR
16/17 2nd year failed health reason
17/18 I put in a CPR, repeat year and I failed & my father passed away.
18/19 repeat year close family friend passed away and failed

The university decided leave me with award certificate in computer Science so HNC.

Im planning to do a HND course in cyber security or a foundation degree if I can get the funding.

Regards
Hi Khanali,

As you have gained a qualification from this we would need to take into account the number of years of previous study you have done. Did you receive the HNC as a result of these 6 years? If so, you wouldn't be entitled to Tuition Fee Loan for your new course.
Thanks, Tégan
Hi Khalani,

In that case it's unlikely that you would be entitled to more funding for a full time course in cyber security.

Do you have a specific university and course in mind? Have you considered studying part time? We can check whether this is an exception and your previous study would be disregarded.

Thanks, Tégan
Reply 3
At a college called West Herts college in Watford near my home.

The course is called HND Computing: Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking.

Or a foundation degree in IT.

Original post by SFE Tegan
Hi Khalani,

In that case it's unlikely that you would be entitled to more funding for a full time course in cyber security.

Do you have a specific university and course in mind? Have you considered studying part time? We can check whether this is an exception and your previous study would be disregarded.

Thanks, Tégan
Hi,

Unfortunately this course is not an exception so your previous study would be taken into account. Certain computing or engineering and technology courses are an exception when studied part time.

If there is a part time course that you were interested in we'd be happy to check if this is an exception.

Thanks, Tégan
Original post by Khanali1993
At a college called West Herts college in Watford near my home.

The course is called HND Computing: Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking.

Or a foundation degree in IT.
Reply 5
Say if I wanted to do a part time foundation degree or part time HND course in IT
would that been ok?
Original post by SFE Tegan
Hi,

Unfortunately this course is not an exception so your previous study would be taken into account. Certain computing or engineering and technology courses are an exception when studied part time.

If there is a part time course that you were interested in we'd be happy to check if this is an exception.

Thanks, Tégan
Hello,

If you do a HND or foundation degree course we’d be able to award you funding as these are higher qualifications than the HNC you’ve achieved. Your previously study would be taken into account so you’d only be eligible for maintenance support only unless you could provide CPR evidence for the years you’ve failed.

Thanks, Erin N.
Reply 7
Ok thank you for your help
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hello,

If you do a HND or foundation degree course we’d be able to award you funding as these are higher qualifications than the HNC you’ve achieved. Your previously study would be taken into account so you’d only be eligible for maintenance support only unless you could provide CPR evidence for the years you’ve failed.

Thanks, Erin N.
Original post by Khanali1993
Ok thank you for your help

Hi there,

You're very welcome. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending