The Student Room Group

Confusion on the book Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde

Baso got a book and it says Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde and the pavilion on the links. For GCSE, do I only have to read Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde?
Original post by Hanamahmoud05
Baso got a book and it says Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde and the pavilion on the links. For GCSE, do I only have to read Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde?

:mad:
what?
unless your teacher has told you otherwise, you're only reading jekyll and hyde.
Very confused by your post. Are you unsure about what is on the specification? Your teachers should help you with this at the very start of GCSEs.
Original post by Obolinda
what?

hello
hi there
Original post by musahidowu
hello
If you're meaning, do I have to read more than one book for your GCSE English literature?. Then yes, you'll need to study three other books/plays/novellas and then an anthology. Usually the play will be from Shakespeare. (Depending on your exam board) Talk to your teacher if you're unsure
Original post by Hanamahmoud05
Original post by entertainmyfaith
unless your teacher has told you otherwise, you're only reading jekyll and hyde.

hi
Original post by Obolinda
what?

basically you can get a copy of jekyll and hyde but it contains another story also after, pavilion on the links. i used this copy for gcse but didn't read over pavilion on the links because it was in no way relevant.
Hi again, yeah now reading it back it’s pretty confusing. In my school in the transition between year 9-10 you’re given the 19th century text and I was given Dr Jekyll and me hyde. In the book tho, there’s two different stories- Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde and the other story is the pavilion on the links. Am I only reading Jekyll and Hyde? I’m on the AQA exam board
Oh right! Haha I too got a copy which had like 7 of other Robert L Stevenson's works.
OP, you only need to read Jekyll and Hyde unless your teacher tells you otherwise.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
basically you can get a copy of jekyll and hyde but it contains another story also after, pavilion on the links. i used this copy for gcse but didn't read over pavilion on the links because it was in no way relevant.
Don't worry. The text a lot of schools buy (because it's cheaper) is the one you've got. You only read 'Jekyll and Hyde' for study; you could read the other one for pleasure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest